BDO. Because relationships matter.
BDO LLP is one of the UK’s largest accountancy and business advisory firms providing services to ambitious businesses within the UK and worldwide. With more than 3,500 talented people, generating close to £400m in UK revenues, we bring real leadership across the mid-market. We are a member of BDO International, which has more than 1,260 offices worldwide, spread across 147 countries. We are a profitable, dynamic and forward-looking firm with a reputation for quality. Our ambition is to be the leader for exceptional client service.
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realize your aspirations. You have a voice and your opinion counts. We give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel, progress and share in our success. We are clear on what we expect from you and what you can expect in return.
Being at BDO is personally as well as professionally fulfilling. Relationships matter, and we have a friendly and inclusive culture built around our core values of honesty and integrity; empowerment and personal responsibility; mutual support and respect; and professional and personal client relationships.
Opening date: 12/01/2018
Closing date: 08/02/2018
A position has arisen for a Technology Risk Auditor within Financial Services.
FS Tech Risk provides a range of services, including those around IT risk assessment, information security, internal audit, data analytics, IT due diligence, corporate governance, process improvement, and project risk management.
The team is currently grouped around the firm’s office in London.
The role of FS Tech is to provide technology risk services in support of internal & external audit engagements as well as deliver advisory work both independently and working alongside other streams within the BDO.
As a result of growth of the group, both realised and planned, and of an increased focus on controls based audit techniques, there is a now a need to further increase FS Tech risk capacity to meet demand.
For additional information about BDO LLP, and TRA, visit www.bdo.co.uk.
The role of Technology Risk Auditor will primarily be a “hands on” fieldwork delivery role, performing both IT general controls, data analytics and transaction process reviews in support of the firm’s external & internal audit and advisory engagements.
This will involve the performance of detailed assurance procedures, including:
• the documentation of systems, processes, and controls;
• the testing of key controls and documentation of test results
• the preparation of clearly cross-referenced work paper files;
• scoping and delivering data analytics,
• the identification of controls issues and opportunities for process improvement;
• drafting high quality reports.
The position will report directly to the local FS Tech risk Manager, and indirectly to audit Partners and Managers on an assignment-by-assignment basis. Previous experience of interaction with an external audit team is therefore important.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following key criteria:
1. the willingness and ability to support the internal &external audit teams in the performance of 'hands on' field work
2. an understanding of how technology risk auditors support internal & external audit teams;
3. ability to deliver advisory assignments;
4. good client facing and communication skills;
5. the ability to work effectively as a part of a team.
6. CISA certification.
The candidate should also be able to demonstrate the following:
• Between 2-4 years experience of performing both IT general controls and application control reviews in support of external audit engagements, preferably gained within practice;
• A good understanding of controls based auditing techniques;
• The ability to document systems, processes and controls using Excel, Visio, and Word;
• Good experience of auditing transaction processes supported by ERP packages such SAP, JDE, Oracle, BaaN, PeopleSoft etc;
• Good experience of supporting external audits of mid tier companies in the manufacturing, distribution, retail, and services sector;
• A good knowledge of IT technical environments and controls, including experience of reviewing Cloud environments, Windows Server, Unix and OS400 operating systems;
• A good knowledge of data analytics techniques,
• The ability to deliver high quality working papers and reports to clear but reasonable deadlines;
• A good understanding of the importance of providing clients with value-adding recommendations for improvements in processes and controls;
• The ability to work under personal initiative and judgement;
• Good experience of using an electronic audit working papers package;
• Professional qualifications such as ACA, ACCA, CIMA, QiCA are attractive, but not essential.
Prospects for development and advancement
• This role will develop skills and experience which will enable the successful candidate to work on other types of engagement, such as systems and controls improvement projects, technology assurance engagement, IT due diligence projects, and third party assurance assignments;
• There will be exposure to a wide range of business issues, and an opportunity to develop a good understanding of the impact of controls and risk management on clients' ability to manage their business;
• Encouragement and support will be given to gain the CISA qualification if not already held; and
• The successful candidate can expect the opportunity to be promoted to the position of Manager within 2 years, dependant on both personal and business performance.
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.