BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 18 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
The firm is looking to recruit Tax Assistants to join the Tax Hub based in central Liverpool. The Tax Hub is one of several teams within BDO’s rapidly growing Shared Service Centre (SSC). SSC team members work internally within the business providing support to the client facing members of the firm.
This will be a challenging and rewarding role where you will:
• Support regional client facing tax teams with personal and corporate tax returns and related tax compliance duties
• Work extensively with BDO’s tax software and workflow tools
• Deliver team outputs to agreed timescale, quality and volume
• Deal with internal queries with colleagues and teams across BDO UK
• Provide support to other colleague teams dependent upon seasonality of core work
Technical requirements and professional skills:
• IT skills - strong working knowledge of MS Excel, other MS products and similar desktop applications. Willingness to learn new systems is essential
• Well presented with a professional level of communication – both verbal and written
• Good time management, organisation skills and the ability to prioritise and complete tasks with limited supervision.
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Ability to use own initiative and take a flexible approach.
• 1-2 years’ experience in either accounting or tax is advantageous but not imperative.
• No training contract is provided with this role. Role specific training is provided.
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.