BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 18 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
BDO LLP is the UK member firm of BDO International, the world’s fifth largest accountancy network with more than 1,500 offices in 162 countries. In the UK BDO employs more than 3,500 people and 250 partners across 18 locations.
To provide marketing and business development administration support to the London Business Tax and Private Tax teams. The team is one of the largest business units across the firm with ambitious growth plans for the next five years. The role will provide key support in line with the group’s business development and marketing programmes.
The balance of the role will be focussed on the co-ordination of group-wide activities, including the organisation of client feedback processes and project management of data-cleansing initiatives. This will involve engaging with key stakeholders across the business (partners and business support) to drive the activities forward.
The role will include a large variety of different marketing and business development support including - pipeline support, communications, campaign support and market research.
We are looking for an individual who is willing to throw themselves into a wide variety of projects. Self-motivation, excellent attention to detail, ability to handle lots of data and strong communication skills are essential. This is a brilliant opportunity to join a creative and demanding team. Excel spreadsheet skills are a must.
• Take ownership for the Intermediary Contact programme for the Private Client team; establish and maintain a robust process, pro-actively liaise with business support staff to embed it and drive it forward.
• To introduce the networking calendar for Private Client team and to liaise with business support staff to ensure they are continuously updating it on an on-going basis.
• Review RMS contact data related to the Intermediary Contact Programme and identify areas that require attention to improve data; work with the business support community to drive actions forward to increase overall accuracy levels.
• Manage the client satisfaction (CLP and NPS) programmes across LTG; work alongside the Business Development Managers to co-ordinate appropriate data, liaise with key stakeholders and challenge responses where necessary. Assist the Business Development Managers in analysing client feedback, contacting partners to follow up with the clients and to ask for testimonials to be added to the Advocacy Library or act on behalf of the partner and liaise with the client directly to request testimonials.
• To assist Business Development Managers on the analysis of marketing activity to date including mailing and event attendance and help feed into any solutions to rectify dips in activity.
• To collate the national tax sales figures from local tax teams twice a year and to produce an analysis report to summarise key findings.
• Assisting Business Development Managers with the analysis of LTG Budget spend on a monthly basis, using pivot tables (the current incumbent can show this).
• When capacity allows, assist business support with the creation of publications and alerts, email marketing campaigns, smaller events and webinars, CVs and bios and proposal templates.
• Assist in ad hoc administrative duties within LTG; activities may be varied and related to the department, marketing or business development.
• To provide an exceptional client experience and support client initiatives within the firm, as well as being responsive and helping to create a positive impression at all touch points.
• Is proactive and pre-empts requirements before being instructed to do so. Forward thinking and anticipates barriers. Strives to suggest possible solutions and actively looks for ways in which they can assist others, using the wider team as appropriate.
• Is adept at coping with changing priorities and managing multiple demands/projects.
• Pro-actively builds relationships around the business; promotes and positions self as the lead on LTG business development and marketing administration.
• Offers support to colleagues to help meet deadlines or respond to urgent issues relating to business development or marketing activities.
• Remains calm and focused when working under extreme pressure. Manages stakeholder expectations.
• Is highly self-aware. Exercises good judgement in deciding when to raise issues.
• Confident written and verbal communicator. Communicates face to face as much as possible rather than via email. Uses non-verbal behaviour to promote open communication. Able to relate to people at all levels with ease. Is confident in challenging and influencing key stakeholders.
• Behaviour and attention to detail illustrates what exceptional client service (ECS) is. Consistently adheres to the standards set by the Business Support Client Service Charter.
• Is reliable and punctual and has a flexible approach. Presents a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
Technical Knowledge and Professional Qualifications
• Good knowledge of all Microsoft packages, particularly Excel, and aptitude to learn new systems (e-marketing and webinar tools)
• Numerate and analytical skills.
• Data handling and management skills – especially Excel spreadsheets.
• Project Management skills desirable.
• Proven administrator or marketing and business development experience within Professional Services needed.
• Educated to degree level desirable.
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.