BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 18 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
The primary responsibility of the Assistant Manager will be to deal with matters relating to risk management and compliance function effectiveness. On occasion may become involved in special assignments on an ad hoc basis.
As an Assistant Manager in FS Advisory there will be opportunities to work alongside the management and partner team on a variety of engagements covering the spectrum of services that we provide including;
• Providing clients with advice on designing and implementing:
o Enterprise wide risk management frameworks;
o Operational risk management frameworks; and
o Credit risk management frameworks.
• Assisting clients in the drafting of key policies, including compliance manuals and associated documents;
• Performing ad-hoc assurance reviews with respect to risk and regulatory issues ; and
• Acting as a subject matter expert on internal audit reviews.
You will produce, with limited supervision, complete and accurate work
• To build credible relationships with clients both by demonstrating technical skills and knowledge and also by handling complaints and customer redress appropriately
• Capable of managing engagements from the planning to client reporting stages
• Provide a variety of support on client campaigns from researching new regulatory requirements to assist effective business implementation
• You will develop presentations that are clear and impactful, translating services into meaningful value propositions for clients
Due to continued success and consistent growth the Financial Services Advisory Team is seeking additional professional support.
Our clients range across the sectors of Insurance, Banking (typically UK banks, challenger banks and foreign banks), wealth management and asset management. FS Advisory delivers added value to clients through a range of services, the main being Skilled Person Reviews of financial crime frameworks and financial crime remediation projects.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated individuals, who have a functional knowledge of the UK and European financial crime (anti-money laundering and anti-bribery and corruption) regulatory environment and experienced in the delivery of financial crime Section 166 Skilled Person engagements.