BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 18 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
Working in a team of five, this role supports the supplier payment, invoice processing & statement reconciliation activities within the Finance Services team.
Key responsibilities include ensuring all sterling and foreign currency payments are sent accurately, on time and payment runs are processed in line with supplier terms.
To ensure that the financial management system is updated for all payments made in an accurate and timely manner.
• Processing and raising accounting vouchers in FMS (Oracle Peoplesoft) within agreed timelines.
• Process ad hoc daily manual payments in cost effective, timely and accurate manner
• Review & input recharge instructions and manual vouchers in timely and accurate manner,.
• Monitor Aged Creditor Report to track and recover any net vendor refunds due as required.
• Review and investigate Supplier Statements with items aged over 60 days liaising with the P2P team as required.
• Assist with resolution of any Bank reconciliation items aged over 30 days as a priority.
• Administrative support for supplier set up and due diligence
• Support Daily Foreign Invoice process logging and submission for scanning
• General Administration support to Payment team as required
• Daily completion of Conflict Search process including supplier spend reporting and responses within service level agreements
• Daily financial post, review and distribution within Finance department.
Technical Knowledge and Professional Qualifications
• Proficient in Outlook, Excel and Word.
• Previous experience in Accounts Payable, reconciliation environment and foreign payments.
• Experience of working in professional services or a partnership desirable but not essential
• Demonstrate flexibility and commitment within the role.
• Proven ability to perform to high standards.
• Good verbal & written communication skills.
• Numerate with attention to detail with ability to work to deadlines.
• Takes responsibility for and has a realistic approach to quality and timeliness of output.
• Alerts management if deadlines are likely to be compromised and seeks resolutions to minimise any risks.
• Build relationships with internal and external clients.
• Ensures all communications, both internal and external, promote Finance and the business positively.
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.