BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 18 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
The Executive Office (EO) provides administrative support to the Leadership Team, the Partnership Council and the partners who lead those bodies. The Leadership Team is led by the Managing Partner and is responsible for the development and implementation of the firm’s strategy. The Partnership Council, led by the firm’s Senior Partner, has oversight of executive management and is charged with maintaining fairness and equity amongst the partners.
The Executive Office comprises four partners, three directors and a number of business support professionals. The team work at the heart of the organisation and are instrumental in helping the firm operate efficiently and effectively.
We are seeking a high calibre personal assistant (PA) to provide support to both the Managing Partner and Senior Partner, under the supervision of their respective Executive Assistants.
The PA will be an integral part of the wider Executive Office team.
This is a newly created role which will provide further capacity in a team which is operating in a dynamic environment with a number of ad hoc projects running alongside business as usual.
The duties which are set out under ‘Principal Responsibilities’, reflect the current requirements for the role, and are subject to change in response to business needs.
• Behaviour demonstrates that exceptional client service is front of mind at all times.
• Presents a professional appearance and attitude at all times, as may be required to meet and greet high profile clients and stakeholders.
• Is reliable, punctual and has a flexible approach.
• Able to work in a busy environment without being distracted or diverted.
• Tactful and diplomatic when dealing with sensitive and confidential issues.
• Has a high level of attention to detail.
• Behaviour demonstrates awareness that all tasks, even if they are routine, contribute to an efficient office and sets an example with a 'can do' attitude to all work.
• Adept at overcoming barriers to completing tasks. Takes ownership of issues, either finding a solution or seeking advice where necessary. Seeks to remove barriers that prevent partners and their executive assistants from focusing on productive work, eg by undertaking administrative processes.
• Is realistic when assessing deadlines for delivering. Has a reputation for delivering on time. Ensures that status is reported back on a timely basis without need for prompting.
These responsibilities cover the support required for the Managing Partner, Senior Partner and their respective EAs
• Processes diary entries efficiently and is completely reliable in relation to anticipating and organising practical arrangements including booking meeting rooms, equipment and catering
• Actively manages diary to ensure all work commitments can be achieved. Makes sure that there is sufficient time between meetings to deal with matters arising
• Generates possible solutions to conflicting requests by using initiative and resourcefulness. Negotiates changes to accommodate urgent matters
• Ensures diary contains all relevant information so can easily be picked up by somebody else during an unplanned absence
• Provides assistance on request, eg by drafting simple agendas, co-ordinating submissions by other parties. Prints copies of agenda in advance of meetings and checks that the partner has all the papers required for imminent meetings
• Tracking responses to complex meeting invites with ability to update the relevant partner or EA of current status quickly upon request
• Agrees extent to which stakeholders requires assistance to manage their email account
• Flags urgent incoming items to the relevant partner and/or EA
• Files correspondence in line with team protocol to ensure accessibility whilst complying with data protection requirements
• Answering the phone - responding immediately to queries where possible, taking messages professionally and accurately or redirecting the call appropriately
• Produces work of a consistently high standard, at speed, which requires minimal correction, adhering to firm standards regarding Corporate Visual Identity
• Seeks input from others to quality control key documents
• Makes suggestions on how to improve documents
• Able to generate draft responses to routine correspondence for finalisation by stakeholders when requested to do so
• Has the higher level technical skills required to troubleshoot issues with a document and rectify
• Adept at complex formatting
• Able to collate and organise papers accurately for various board meetings under EA supervision
• Supports the running of meetings by booking relevant rooms and equipment
• Able to undertake basic trouble shooting for equipment used in virtual or live meetings, liaising with IT support when required
• Responsible for daily check on EO managed meeting rooms ensuring that they are fully equipped and ready for use
• Assists in preparation for larger/external meetings as directed by the relevant EO meeting organiser
• Extensive experience of diary management
• Advanced level in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Exceptional spelling, punctuation and grammar
• A levels or equivalent
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.