BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 18 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
The main purpose of this role is to support the Finance Systems Manager, in conjunction with the accountabilities below and in line with the key objectives of the department.
The key objectives of the department are;
• To protect and enhance the Department and the Firm’s reputation through rigorous compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements to enable the business to improve decision making through the provision and interpretation of accurate, timely and relevant management information
• To support the business with accurate, timely and efficient transaction processing
• To adopt a digital mind set to enable our people to develop our processes to become more efficient and to utilise technology solutions to continuously improve
The Finance Systems & Forecasting Analyst will primarily take ownership of Finance’s budget model, incorporating all maintenance and product enhancements. Additionally, they will provide technical support to the business and specifically finance teams, ensuring a seamless support models for end users during the budget cycle.
The successful applicant will work closely with the Finance Systems Manager in developing finance applications and delivery of finance’s project portfolio.
Key project initiatives within finance’s portfolio include;
• Enterprise Resource Planning (Oracle Peoplesoft) replacement/upgrade
• Procure to pay replacement/upgrade
• Travel management company development/replacement of service provider/technology
• Business intelligence
Tagra Budget Model
• Ownership of the complete technical framework for BDO’s budget model liaising with finance teams to develop and support both model and process. Duties will include but not limited to:
• Model development & functional testing
• Maintenance of the budget model security matrix
• Maintenance of model core principles/financial assumptions
• Change control ownership of model developments/core principles
• Liaising with our third party supplier in delivery of the budget model/process
• Creating model output to integrate budget values with our core ERP
Project Portfolio & Systems Development
• You will work closely with the Finance Systems Manager and current Senior Systems Analyst in delivering finances planned project initiatives as well as general system development
• You will become an integral part of the team and take ownership of tasks/planned initiatives within respective projects
• Forward thinking and anticipates requirements.
• Able to liaise effectively with all levels of the business and external providers
• Good planning and organisational skills
• Able to use own initiative and prioritise workload to meet business needs
• Strong attention to detail
• Enquiring mind with the desire to progress learning in finance systems and be interested in continuous improvement
Technical Knowledge and Professional Qualifications;
• Experience of working in a professional services organisation finance department
• Forecasting knowledge in both operational, support and development roles
• Project management experience or supervision of projects
• Diverse experience of finance applications across finance business functions in a support or development manner
• SQL Knowledge
• Principle understanding of Business Intelligence / Databases
• Advanced level in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Qualified or willing to study towards a finance professional qualification