BDO. Because relationships matter.
BDO LLP is one of the UK’s largest accountancy and business advisory firms providing services to ambitious businesses within the UK and worldwide. With more than 3,500 talented people, generating close to £400m in UK revenues, we bring real leadership across the mid-market. We are a member of BDO International, the world’s fifth largest global accountancy network, which has more than 1,260 offices worldwide, spread across 147 countries. We are a profitable, dynamic and forward-looking firm with a reputation for quality. Our ambition is to be the leader for exceptional client service.
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realize your aspirations. You have a voice and your opinion counts. We give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel, progress and share in our success. We are clear on what we expect from you and what you can expect in return.
Being at BDO is personally as well as professionally fulfilling. Relationships matter, and we have a friendly and inclusive culture built around our core values of honesty and integrity; empowerment and personal responsibility; mutual support and respect; and professional and personal client relationships.
The Audit Senior works as part of an audit team and takes responsibility for running onsite audits, working directly with the client finance team under manager supervision. The Audit Senior manages the on-site audit team and supervises the audit process to ensure our audits are of high quality.
• Assists in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for manager and partner review, seeking input for areas of judgement.
• Predominant amount of time will be spent at clients’ premises.
• Identifies risks and raises with a manager and/or partner on a timely basis, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
• Produce work for the Manager and/or Partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
Assists in preparation of audit committee reports and reporting to those charged with governance
• Active engagement with senior client staff to obtain a good understanding of their business and control environment and ensure the efficient execution of the audit
• Identify and understand client needs, suggest potential solutions on technical matters and communicate and agree client needs and potential solutions with managers.
• Proactive project management and taking primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget. When the actual differs from the budget gain a full understanding for the Manager.
• Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams, on client premises and in the office. Providing timely, constructive feedback.
• Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
• Participate in group, stream and firm wide activities
• Assisting with IFRS and FRS101/102 conversion projects.
• Newly Qualified (up to 2 years post qualification experience) ACA/ICAS Qualified .
• Educated up to degree level or A level equivalent if qualified through school leaver route.
• Experience in supervising and coaching junior members of staff on site.
• Working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements gained within a UK audit practice.
• Demonstrable knowledge of current economic and market trends.
• Experience of project management and multi-tasking
• Good organisational skills
• Sector experience.
• Experience with listed and/or private equity clients.
• Experience in auditing international groups and fulfilling group reporting requirements.
• USGAAP/GAAS reporting experience
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.