BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 18 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
The role is responsible for the admin related client tasks associated with undertaking an Audit.
The role will be part of the Consumer Markets sector, and will be essential in providing support to the wider team, especially the Sectors managers and partners
• Raising bills in accordance with billing schedules, devising and maintaining spreadsheet
• Management of all finances on each client using FMS data including:-
• Preparing and monitoring actual costs and hours (from timecard) to budgets including analysis of time overruns and weekly analysis
• WIP reporting, management and analysis and maintenance inc clearing unbillable wip.
• Management of unbilled WIP and provisions required to get to planned variance based on budget recovery (update weekly)
• Regular catch up with managers
• Diary management for the key meetings (for the key team members) and meeting coordination including review time. Set up and monitor review timetables.
• Set up briefing and debriefing meetings for the team.
• Engagement letters
• CTO – pick up from RMS and drive process
• Client and project acceptance including briefing packs for teams on new clients.
• Maintain contact lists for clients.
• Independence/conflicts management including non-audit fees – liaising with other sectors re non audit services
• Group team coordination including group reporting and management of overall timetable.
• Coordination cross stream including with specialists.
• Deliverables and reporting including Audit Committee reports, management letters.
• Management of the statutory accounts process.
• Attend meetings and write up minutes.
• Statutory searches, fiche reviews and director searches only
• Management of confirmations including: Bank, Solicitors, Debtors producing letters, tracking responses, chasing responses
• Set up APT files and add documents
• Retain – requesting staff on manager’s advice
• Set up client portal
• Prepare budgets
• Audit file documentation including filing of emails and memos, (burning CDs), archiving of files.
• Management of files held on the server to a standardised file structure (manager’s discretion)
• CLP management and preparation
• Project management skills
• Significant experience working in administration
• IT literate with a high competence in MS Office (especially Excel, Word); PeopleSoft knowledge useful
• Good telephone manner with excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
• Ability to build strong relationships with clients within the business, and within the wider London Audit Group
• Ability to work with confidential information
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines, and to respond quickly
• Accuracy and attention to detail essential
• Must be flexible and adaptable
• Strong team worker
• Quality driven
• Problem solving
• Strong planning and organisation skills
• Ability to plan and organise work well, and ability to prioritise
• Enthusiastic / motivated / self-confident
• Ability to work independently
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.