BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 18 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
As a Senior Business Advisor in the Accounting and Financial Reporting team you will be required to work closely and support senior members of the team in the timely delivery of services. You will work independently and be accountable for the delivery of projects to managers for review, being the first point of contact for our clients throughout the projects. In addition to accounting capabilities, you will have a rounded business knowledge able to analyse client data, make recommendations and talk credibly to clients on the issues they face such as current trading position, future outlook and legislative changes.
• Preparation of statutory accounts under UK GAAP (FRS102, FRS101 etc) and other accounting frameworks including IFRS and transition to FRS 102
• Preparation of consolidations and cash flows for year-end statutory accounts
• Advising on complex accounting issues
• Ability to become a champion in specialist areas
• Preparing year end accounting files ready for audit either by internal or external auditors
• Liaising with auditors as necessary
• Preparing engagement letters for manager and partner review
• Ensuring compliance with our streams policies and procedures
• Understands WIP, scope, fees and project negotiations
• Monitor and review client financial data, present ideas and make recommendations to clients
• Proactive analysis of client data and communication directly with client e.g current issues, future trading, relevant legislative changes
• Understands the clients business context to ensure we continue to deliver relevant solutions and good value
• Organises work efficiently to meet project deadlines and client expectations
• Share knowledge and ideas openly with colleagues
• Continues to build a network of professional contacts
• Attends client meetings with other senior members of the team
• Undertakes planned activities to build business development skills
• Contributes to bid documents and proposals
• Attends relevant business seminars
• Supports trainees with their personal and professional development
• Can articulate the BDODrive and wider BDO offering
• Proactively identifies potential new business opportunities for BDODrive and wider BDO services
• Supervises the work of others when needed
• Seeks greater responsibility and rises to the challenge
• Is robust under pressure and calmly faces challenging situations
• Is sought out by colleagues as a valuable source of advice and support
• Makes suggestions and offers potential solutions to problems in a timely manner
• Displays energy and enthusiasm and is focused on achieving results
• Qualified ACCA or equivalent
• Excellent knowledge of accounts preparation packages and in particular Caseware
• Extensive knowledge of FRS102 and the applicable template in Caseware
• Experience with preparing consolidated financial statements helpful
• Experience with multiple GAAPs helpful
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.