BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 18 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
The purpose of this role is to work with an internal Service Desk providing support across all BDO offices for the various software and hardware used within the firm, involving all aspects of client support. Providing an enhanced service to the VVIPs and managing incident management.
This includes supporting the management of daily activities for Service Desk staff and reporting incident and call metrics as required. Deliver continuous improvement through incident work flow analysis and trend reviews. Highlight and prioritise Major Incidents that are identified via the Service Desk and where appropriate to the Service Desk remove the root causes to improve the internal client experience and IT Services from BDO LLP.
This role reports to the Service Support Manager with additional responsibilities of management cover when required.
• VVIP support – Providing an increased level of client support for Partners and other VVIPs. This involves day-to-day resolutions of incidents and requests, partner conferences and other high level IT perception work. Further may involve travelling to VIP homes or national and international travel as required
• 3rd line support – Act as escalation point for the service support teams for all technical queries
• Ensure that all calls are answered and responded to in a professional manner
• Ensure maximum availability to answer and respond to client calls within SLAs
• Ensure each and every call is logged and that the calls are logged to the correct categories with detailed subject, open and close descriptions allowing trend analysis
• Follow a client care philosophy that ensures the delivery of exceptional client service.
• Promote an environment that encourages collaboration, team working and innovation both within the Service Desk and across IT and other BDO teams
• Ensure that all people within the team have sufficient knowledge to provide the required level of service support
• Motivate and foster creativity, communication and team working
• Assist the Service Desk manager with recruitment, performance management, development, appraisals and succession planning across the team where required.
• Utilise appropriate methods, technology and other resources to maximize Service Desk effectiveness, improve first call resolution, manage client perceptions and build strong internal relationships
• Delegate work across the support teams and assign resources as required to support the business.
• Maintain formal procedures for consistency and increased productivity
• Contribute to the continuous improvement by challenging what can be improved upon and promoting efficiencies.
• Maintain statistics, reports and metrics in a timely manner, analyse and use to improve service to the business and address issues internally.
• Act as technical mentor to the Service Support team and focus on key technical areas where training and development may be required
• Run regular meetings aimed at proactively and reactively addressing recurring technical issues and technology training requirements
• Ensure all laptops builds for new starters and rebuilds are completed in a timely manner
• To contribute the continuous improvement by challenging what can be improved upon and promoting efficiencies
• Assist in project work as required
• To act as an ambassador for both the Service Desk and IT
• Ensure the ServiceNow platform is maintained and upgraded where necessary to achieve optimum performance.
Technical Knowledge, Professional Qualifications and Experience
Knowledge and experience:
Successful candidates are expected to possess or demonstrate a majority of the following:
• Extensive experience in IT industry with expertise in the following areas:
o Current Windows OS level knowledge
o Current MS Office level support experience
o Exchange administration experience
o BlackBerry, Apple & Mobile Broadband experience
o Active Directory experience
o Laptop support experience
o ServiceNow development and Management
o ITIL foundation (highly desirable)
o MCP (desirable)
o MOS (desirable)
• People/Team Management
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal including active listening
• Ability to identify and analyse alternative approaches to dealing with issues and problems.
• Demonstrates commitment to the firm’s values
• Empower others by collaborating on joint ideas
• Experienced in managing and leading small projects
• Takes responsibility for own personal development over and above formal qualifications, whilst embracing the firm’s performance development culture and processes
• Proactive in managing own learning and development
• Undertakes planned activities to develop IT related skills
• Understands the firms core values and demonstrates them in all activities completed.
• Exceptional Client Service
• Demonstrate confidence in dealing with all levels of the firm, including executive management levels.
• Excellent customer service
• A good team player that capitalises on opportunities for sharing knowledge and encourages others to be responsible for cooperation and open communication
• Ability to work in a pressurised fast moving environment, helping troubleshoot issues quickly and effectively
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.