BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 18 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
As a Manager you will be responsible for managing a small portfolio of projects and for the timely delivery of services. You will work closely and support Directors and Partners with cases. You will be expected to contribute toward marketing and business development initiatives.
- Strong attention to detail and able to maintain high levels of accuracy whilst working to tight deadlines
- Prepare expert reports or other written reports for use in legal proceedings or for advice to solicitors or clients.
- Liaise with solicitors, barristers and clients as a normal part of a litigation support case.
- Be responsible for and ensure excellent client service and delivery on assignments and at stream level.
- Assist in developing and training more junior staff.
- Prepare budgets, cost analyses and bills in respect of each client in their portfolio.
- Identify and recognise business and sales opportunities and inform the partner and client as appropriate.
- Maintain a network of professional and business contacts.
- Act as an ambassador of the firm, participate in marketing events, keep abreast of the wide range of services the firm offers and suggest innovative products and services.
- Support Partner, Directors and Senior Managers on ad hoc assignments as needed.
- ACA or ACCA qualification or equivalent, or relevant experience.
- Strong MS Office skills particularly within Microsoft Excel. Some experience of Excel Models is preferred.
- Experience in Forensic Accounting.
- Experience of managing others and leading projects
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.