BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 18 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
BDO’s Bristol Service Charge team is a centre of excellence for independent reviews of service charges. We are expecting large growth over the coming years to add to our breadth of existing clients. We require an Executive to help us deliver exceptional client service to our expanding client base.
The Executive will work as part of a dedicated team, working closely with, and supporting more experienced members of the team, and assisting in the timely delivery of services to our clients. They will subsequently build on their experience and take part in more complex tasks and work closely with our real estate clients. They will also gain an understanding of reporting engagements and the accountancy guidance provided by real estate bodies.
- Reviewing client responses to the reviews and following up on outstanding issues by phone and email
- Preparation of service charge accounts
- Preparation of accountants’ reports
- Preparation of client required schedules – both internal documents and those to be issued with draft reports
- Liaising with clients as needed, dealing with issues which may arise, escalating to senior/manager as required
- Clearing manager/director review points within the KPI
- Client visits, initially with another team member before making unsupervised visits
- Managing own workload and supporting others to ensure you work as a team and reviews are completed within the KPIs. Become aware of own client’s deadlines.
- Attend client conference calls becoming familiar with the client and issues they may face/need assistance with. Participate in the call for reviews you are working on and find solutions to assist our clients.
- Assist the senior exec with project management tasks
- Ask for help from Senior Exec/manager where you don’t know the answer
- Involvement in non-client projects to develop the department and our service offering
- Suggest and action process improvements and efficiencies
- Ad hoc administration tasks for the department
- Maintain awareness of risk and deliver high quality documents