BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 18 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
The purpose of this role is to provide the business analysis function for our Central Business Outsourcing enabling BDODrive to achieve its strategic goals.
Within this role you will gather, review, document and analyse business requirements and processes through engagement and collaboration with our people and our clients, ensuring that the levels of service provided satisfy the expectations of our clients in an effective, efficient and economic manner, governing change where necessary.
The role will involve the on boarding, migration and configuration of clients onto cloud accounting systems such as Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations and Xero.
• Participate in meetings incorporating business, technology and user groups to gather information and client requirements
• Translate these into functional specifications
• Gather data to enable understanding of business processes, related barriers, risks and client needs
• Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, translate high-level information into detailed specifications
• Once requirements are confirmed, support the relationship between the business and their clients
• Use questioning techniques to challenge requests if the scope, benefits and proposed deliverables are unclear
• Challenge business requests and processes offering alternative views to create an increase in effectiveness
• Analyse and document business processes
• Map process designs to consider how new processes impact on existing roles, people and technology
• Develop user and functional designs to meet client requirements
• Maintain a broad overview of organisation needs and commercial activities across related functions
• Undertakes client due diligence procedures and prepare/collate relevant documentation/engagement letters for review
• Understands and adheres to the firm’s risk management procedures including identification of independence issues and anti-money laundering procedures
• Ensures compliance with our stream’s policies and procedures
• Has a good knowledge of the firms technical resource in order to ensure excellent service is delivered at all times
• Educate the business to understand the importance of requirements analysis, process improvements
• Assist in developing business change and implementation plans to ensure that all deliverables are met
• Conduct research activities on opportunities identified as having potential for process innovation.
• Work with all teams across BDODrive Solutions to ensure that agreed standards and working practices are defined and followed
• Encourage the collaboration needed to ensure that BDODrive Solutions consistently exploits best practice
• Work to eliminate duplication of effort with such aims as reducing operating cost and increasing the value of BDODrive Solutions to their clients.
• Organises work efficiently to meet project deadlines and client expectations
• Shares knowledge and ideas openly with colleagues
• Develops a network of professional contacts both externally and cross stream/office
• Contributes to bid documents and proposals
Technical Requirements and Professional Qualifications
Knowledge and experience:
• Strong analytical and interpersonal skills required
• Experience of interpreting business requests and translating them to requirements
• Experience of writing requirements specifications
• Interpret business information from a variety of internal and external sources
• Demonstrable evidence of gathering, analysing and documenting business processes
• Ability to present to an audience in both formal and informal situations
• Understands estimating principles and process
• Good knowledge of BDO products and services advantageous
• Ability to convey information concisely, questioning others to check understanding
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal including active listening
• Ability to identify and analyse alternative approaches to dealing with issues and problems
• Lead and participate productively in meetings and workshops
• Demonstrates commitment to the firm’s values
• Empower others by collaborating on joint ideas and encourages others to view change as a positive process
Excellent Client Service
• Demonstrate confidence in dealing with all levels of the firm
• Demonstrate ownership and responsibility for deliverables/services and is willing to make tough decisions
• Excellent customer service and consulting skills
• Demonstrable skills in influencing and negotiation methods and techniques.
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 and/or Xero and its add on partners is desirable but not essential
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.