BDO. Because relationships matter.
BDO LLP is one of the UK’s largest accountancy and business advisory firms providing services to ambitious businesses within the UK and worldwide. With more than 3,500 talented people, generating close to £400m in UK revenues, we bring real leadership across the mid-market. We are a member of BDO International, which has more than 1,260 offices worldwide, spread across 147 countries. We are a profitable, dynamic and forward-looking firm with a reputation for quality. Our ambition is to be the leader for exceptional client service.
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realize your aspirations. You have a voice and your opinion counts. We give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel, progress and share in our success. We are clear on what we expect from you and what you can expect in return.
Being at BDO is personally as well as professionally fulfilling. Relationships matter, and we have a friendly and inclusive culture built around our core values of honesty and integrity; empowerment and personal responsibility; mutual support and respect; and professional and personal client relationships.
The Problem Analyst is responsible for minimizing the adverse impact on the business caused by errors within the BDO services, infrastructure, process and procedures and prevent recurrence of incidents related to these errors. To achieve this goal, the Problem Analyst seeks to determine the root cause of incidents and issues, and then initiate actions to improve or correct the situation.
- Develops and maintains robust relationships with key business stakeholders to ensure Problem and Continual Service Improvement initiatives are visible and in line with agreed expectations.
- Ensures the smooth integration of problem processes.
- Identify and tackle process breaches.
- Articulate the benefits of the Problem process to all stakeholders.
- Produce accurate, timely and relevant reports to inform decisions for IT and business colleagues and to measure the effectiveness of the Problem processes
- Responsible for pro-active and regular communication with other areas of IT and the business in relation to Problem and Continual Service Improvement.
- Be proactive in the provision of feedback and the delivery of ideas to develop and improve service.
Reporting to the IT Governance and Assurance Manager:
- Review and analyse Priority 1 and 2 Major Incidents to determine root cause, the resolution, and identify and recommend any improvements that could be made to prevent or reduce the impact of a recurrence.
- Review outages, resolutions, and on-going corrective action items. Where required, work with the IT Leadership Team or teams to manage problem initiatives.
- Analyse incident volumes and trends to identify process or technological improvements that will reduce incident volumes, streamline their resolution, or enable incidents to be resolved at lower support tiers. Examine potential areas for service improvement and raise proposals with the IT Leadership Team.
- Develop, co-ordinate and promote the effective functioning of Problem Management and Continual Service Improvement activities across all of IT’s teams.
- Undertake analysis of both High and Low Priority Incidents, working with technical teams to identify root cause(s) and to explore permanent solutions.
- Promote a pro-active approach to identifying, recording, updating and closing Problem records.
- Contribute into IT Audits to demonstrate compliance to process and address any non-compliances as appropriate.
- Track Problem and Continual Service Improvement actions to ensure follow-up & completion.
- To report any non-conformance with agreed standards and working practices to your line manager.
- To ensure that you comply with agreed standards and working practices, and to report any non-conformances to your line manager.
- Writes and speaks fluently on all aspects of work and communicates effectively with all levels of management.
- Actively communicate and seek feedback from colleagues and internal clients.
- Regularly achieves results quickly both through formal channels and the informal network
- Demonstrates ownership and responsibility for Problem Management
- Passionate about delivering quality IT Services to BDO
- Uses different styles to positively influence others
- Demonstrates commitment to the firm’s values in actions
- Excellent customer service and consulting skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build and sustain key relationships across a wide and varied group of management, people and external suppliers
- ITIL v3 foundation certification (desirable)
- Ability to produce high quality reports and metrics for a senior management audience
- 2nd line support experience preferably in relation to Microsoft products, e.g. Windows, Office and Active Directory