BDO. Because relationships matter.
BDO LLP is one of the UK’s largest accountancy and business advisory firms providing services to ambitious businesses within the UK and worldwide. With more than 3,500 talented people, generating close to £400m in UK revenues, we bring real leadership across the mid-market. We are a member of BDO International, the world’s fifth largest global accountancy network, which has more than 1,260 offices worldwide, spread across 147 countries. We are a profitable, dynamic and forward-looking firm with a reputation for quality. Our ambition is to be the leader for exceptional client service.
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realize your aspirations. You have a voice and your opinion counts. We give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel, progress and share in our success. We are clear on what we expect from you and what you can expect in return.
Being at BDO is personally as well as professionally fulfilling. Relationships matter, and we have a friendly and inclusive culture built around our core values of honesty and integrity; empowerment and personal responsibility; mutual support and respect; and professional and personal client relationships.
The purpose of this role is to work as part of the Solutions Architecture Team to design, document and facilitate the implementation of the BDO application, technology and enterprise architectures through the various IT teams and technology partners.
These IT Architectures must support the overall BDO business strategy. This role reports to the solutions and architecture manager. The primary responsibility of this role would be to own and help deliver the application and data strategy.
- Work with application teams to define our vision and roadmaps for all application and data solutions
- Provide strategic influence across groups, projects and products to implement cost-effective technology solutions to solve complex business problems
- Engage in concept discussions, proposed technology solutions, to meet business objectives
- Engage with senior leadership and project stakeholders to articulate opportunities, costs, and risks associated with decisions made around the platform architecture and implementation
- Design and define application and data architectural solutions and oversee the implementations
- Identify gaps in data governance and information management practices and orchestrate the elimination of those gaps, leading to higher data management maturity
- Assist with firm wide GDPR project and work with fellow architects to create develop and implement data policies.
- Participate in the development and continuous improvement of:
Application and data architectures that are aligned to the business strategies and direction
Technology architectures that enable the application and data architecture
Development architectures that enable BDO IT to develop business solutions in the most efficient and effective manner adhering to the BDO IT Solution Design Principles.
- At least 2 years hands on experience in defining application architectures for large organisations. Preferably with experience of large-scale ERP and DMS solutions.
- Experience of large application migrations or greenfield application deployment projects.
- Proficient in designing, building and deploying applications/infrastructure at a complex level, including integration with COTS systems.
- Demonstrate extensive experience in the IT industry with expertise in all areas of application and data solutions. Preferably with experience in professional services business applications include DMS and ERP solutions.
- A broad understanding of the latest developments in technologies, industry specific issues, competitor and vendor activity and initiatives
- Demonstrated ability in technology partner management practices including the ability to lead vendors/partners in defining architectures
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, including presentation skills. Able to communicate to stakeholders at all levels of the organisation and 3rd parties.
- Experience in defining and delivering Application Architectures including N-tier applications (web and mobile), Microservices, On-Premise, PaaS and SaaS
- Preferable - experience in API and service design and how to best expose application data and functionality to consumers
- Ability to identify and analyse alternative approaches to dealing with issues and problems
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.