BDO. Because relationships matter.
BDO LLP is one of the UK’s largest accountancy and business advisory firms providing services to ambitious businesses within the UK and worldwide. With more than 3,500 talented people, generating close to £400m in UK revenues, we bring real leadership across the mid-market. We are a member of BDO International, which has more than 1,260 offices worldwide, spread across 147 countries. We are a profitable, dynamic and forward-looking firm with a reputation for quality. Our ambition is to be the leader for exceptional client service.
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realize your aspirations. You have a voice and your opinion counts. We give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel, progress and share in our success. We are clear on what we expect from you and what you can expect in return.
Being at BDO is personally as well as professionally fulfilling. Relationships matter, and we have a friendly and inclusive culture built around our core values of honesty and integrity; empowerment and personal responsibility; mutual support and respect; and professional and personal client relationships.
- As a qualified Accounting Senior, you will be required to use your previous statutory & management accounts preparation experience and work closely with, and support, senior members within the team and assist in the timely delivery of outsourced accounting services.
- Enjoys detailed accounting
- Self-motivated & proactive
- Able to effectively delegate & train more junior members of the team
- Good client service skills
- Controlling all aspects of the accounts fieldwork which includes supervision of part-qualified and other junior members of the accounts team in their work.
- Taking personal responsibility for the completion of client work and passing it to Managers in a timely manner for their final review and sign-off
- Assisting Managers in planning assignments to ensure their completion to the required standard and within budget, with any budget overruns anticipated in advance and reported to a Manager.
- Completing smaller assignments with a minimum of Manager supervision.
- Producing a complete accountancy working paper file with draft accounts for a job that involves incomplete record work.
- Posting sales, purchases, bank and journal entries on the firm’s approved accounts package and produce required reports for management account purposes.
- Processing treasury transactions in strict accordance with the Firm’s procedures
- Preparing quarterly VAT returns and highlight any unusual items ready for Manager or VAT specialist review.
- Building rapport with client to understand their requirements before starting work and then answering queries promptly and anticipating future requirements.
- Providing clients with value-adding recommendations for improvements in processes and controls.
- Supervising, training, motivating and developing junior members of staff both on client premises and in the office, and review and appraise work at the end of the assignment.
- Supporting sales and marketing activities and the on-boarding of new clients.
- ACA or ACCA Qualified or equivalent
- Extensive experience preparing management accounts
- Experience of statutory accounts preparation under IFRS and UK Financial Reporting Standards
- Experience of using multiple accounting software ideally including Microsoft NAV
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.