BDO. Because relationships matter.
BDO LLP is one of the UK’s largest accountancy and business advisory firms providing services to ambitious businesses within the UK and worldwide. With more than 3,500 talented people, generating close to £400m in UK revenues, we bring real leadership across the mid-market. We are a member of BDO International, which has more than 1,260 offices worldwide, spread across 147 countries. We are a profitable, dynamic and forward-looking firm with a reputation for quality. Our ambition is to be the leader for exceptional client service.
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realize your aspirations. You have a voice and your opinion counts. We give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel, progress and share in our success. We are clear on what we expect from you and what you can expect in return.
Being at BDO is personally as well as professionally fulfilling. Relationships matter, and we have a friendly and inclusive culture built around our core values of honesty and integrity; empowerment and personal responsibility; mutual support and respect; and professional and personal client relationships.
- Working in the HR Manager team, you will have responsibility for providing business focused and best practice HR support to a designated area of the business.
- You will act as a key contact for all HR matters for Counselling Managers (CMs) and Partners in your business area.
- You will be perceived as a credible and commercial business advisor and will support the Senior HR Managers to deliver HR calendar activities and strategic priorities, working collaboratively across the HR function to provide a seamless and first class HR Service.
- The role is based in London with an element of travel (UK based only), due to some of the client group being based in the regions.
- Resolve people issues to deliver commercially pragmatic outcomes, escalating as appropriate.
- Take a commercial, considered stance to HR related risk assessment linking in with the Senior HR Manager and ER team and escalating issues as appropriate.
- Advising on and co-ordinating transfers.
- Advising CMs on the full range of contractual changes.
- Advising CMs on HR policy and process and helping managers to make fair and commercially sound decisions.
- Advise CMs and Partners on absence management and the tools to deal with long term/persistent absences – including OH referrals.
- Lead on repeat/standard informal ER matters, especially in relation to the business support and trainee population.
- Be the expert point of contact for CMs for performance issues. Support the implementation of PIPs and advise on how to approach and handle atypical/performance coaching meetings and how to deliver difficult messages.
- Conduct exit interviews and produce regular qualitative reports to support the client group in taking action on any emerging trends.
- Support the Senior HR Manager during cyclical events like salary review, consistency meetings and promotions.
- Work closely with CMs and the Resourcing team to identify solutions to recruitment needs ensuring a smooth candidate experience where possible.
- Along with the Senior HR Manager, manage the co-ordination of the promotion process.
- Deputise for the Senior HR Manager as appropriate.
- Work closely with HRIS team to respond to requirements for MI including employee movements, KPI’s and exit analysis.
- Share knowledge and experience proactively across the team and be recognised as a team player.
- Ideally educated to degree level and/or CIPD qualified or working towards completion of CIPD qualification;
- Experience of working within professional services useful but not essential;
- Previous exposure to employee relations issues, good working knowledge of employment legislation and best practice;
- Previous experience of advising Managers on policies and procedures;
- Proven experience of developing effective processes and suggesting new ways of working;
- Comfortable with systems with an ability to make commercially based recommendations on the basis of MI.