BDO. Because relationships matter.
BDO LLP is one of the UK’s largest accountancy and business advisory firms providing services to ambitious businesses within the UK and worldwide. With more than 3,500 talented people, generating close to £400m in UK revenues, we bring real leadership across the mid-market. We are a member of BDO International, which has more than 1,260 offices worldwide, spread across 147 countries. We are a profitable, dynamic and forward-looking firm with a reputation for quality. Our ambition is to be the leader for exceptional client service.
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realize your aspirations. You have a voice and your opinion counts. We give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel, progress and share in our success. We are clear on what we expect from you and what you can expect in return.
Being at BDO is personally as well as professionally fulfilling. Relationships matter, and we have a friendly and inclusive culture built around our core values of honesty and integrity; empowerment and personal responsibility; mutual support and respect; and professional and personal client relationships.
- The purpose of this new role is to operate as a key member of the local leadership teams and work in a collaborative way to ensure that “HR Operational Excellence” activity is delivered to a consistently high standard.
- In addition, the role drives the development and implementation of the People Plan activity in support of the firm’s business growth plans.
- The role holder will have responsibility for BDO’s Service Centre in Liverpool and BDO’s offices in Scotland – regular travel will be required to Edinburgh and Glasgow.
- Building strong, credible and visible relationships with lead partners, partners and other key stakeholders and establishing themselves as a key member of the SBU/Region.
- Demonstrating strong commercial awareness, with the ability to identify critical business issues and anticipate the people management interventions required to address them.
- Develop structured, stream relevant, pragmatic commercial recommendations/solutions and strategies for implementation.
- Influences and shapes change, including organisation, structural and behavioural changes, identifies obstacles and develops solutions to overcome them.
- Lead the development of the People Plan activity for each area based on business and local requirements and linked to the overall HR Strategy and priorities.
- Pragmatically manage and coach partners and managers through high profile/senior employee relations issues where necessary and be an escalation point for complex employee relations issues.
- Drive effective performance management (both high performance and underperformance) and retention of key talent across the firm
- Coach, develop and empower the Partners and Managers to assist delivery of the people plan.
- Works closely with the wider HR team to facilitate delivery of the HR strategy for each stream.
- Involvement in national HR projects.
- Proven experience of developing strong relationships with senior stakeholders to implement change and new ways of working.
- Strong communication skills, demonstrating gravitas and credibility
- Experience of working in a values based and client focused organisation.
- Sound knowledge of employment law and experience of dealing with senior level employee relations issues.
- Strong coaching skills and the ability to adapt their style to different individuals/situations
- The ability to interpret MI and make commercially based recommendations
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.