BDO. Because relationships matter.
BDO LLP is one of the UK’s largest accountancy and business advisory firms providing services to ambitious businesses within the UK and worldwide. With more than 3,500 talented people, generating close to £400m in UK revenues, we bring real leadership across the mid-market. We are a member of BDO International, which has more than 1,260 offices worldwide, spread across 147 countries. We are a profitable, dynamic and forward-looking firm with a reputation for quality. Our ambition is to be the leader for exceptional client service.
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realize your aspirations. You have a voice and your opinion counts. We give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel, progress and share in our success. We are clear on what we expect from you and what you can expect in return.
Being at BDO is personally as well as professionally fulfilling. Relationships matter, and we have a friendly and inclusive culture built around our core values of honesty and integrity; empowerment and personal responsibility; mutual support and respect; and professional and personal client relationships.
BDO’s Bristol Global Outsourcing specialises in providing international accounting services to global businesses. We now require an Executive to join our team to deliver all aspects of client accounting operations to our growing client base. The team has experienced significant growth in recent years and this position offers a real opportunity for the right candidate to join a successful and expanding team with proven career opportunities and clear career path.
This role would suit a candidate from either practice or industry environment with 2-3 years’ accounting experience having completed AAT level 4 qualification or equivalent. Working as part of a team you will ensure all client deliverables are met for each project, in line with agreed timetables, and including monthly management reporting, management of payment processing, compliance reporting requirements and payroll. The executive will work with a team of technical and non-technical staff and report up to senior executives and client manager.
What does the role entail?
- Review of monthly deliverables including payroll, management reporting and payment files.
- Liaison with BDO local offices to ensure queries are dealt with and review of compliance reporting provided by local teams.
- Working as part of a team to assist senior team members and also coaching and supporting more junior colleagues to ensure deliverables are met and exceptional client service is provided
- Client facing role
- Be an active participant in standardising processes and looking for process efficiencies wherever possible
- Opportunities to get involved in non-client related projects including sales and marketing.
- Maintain high standards of quality and appropriate attitude to risk to ensure exceptional client service is provided to clients at every stage of the project.
- Relevant accounting qualification – AAT Level 4, part qualified ACCA or equivalent.
- 2-3 years accounting experience
- A- level or equivalent qualifications
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Attention to detail and ability to identify and solve issues
- Knowledge of accounting software supporting international operations such as Great Plains, Accounts IQ, Netsuite, etc.
- Experience working with US clients with variety of foreign operations
- Foreign languages useful but not essential
BDO offer you in return:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible benefits scheme including pension, childcare and car scheme
- Clear career path
- 25 days holiday
- TOIL for overtime worked
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.