BDO. Because relationships matter.
BDO LLP is one of the UK’s largest accountancy and business advisory firms providing services to ambitious businesses within the UK and worldwide. With more than 3,500 talented people, generating close to £400m in UK revenues, we bring real leadership across the mid-market. We are a member of BDO International, which has more than 1,260 offices worldwide, spread across 147 countries. We are a profitable, dynamic and forward-looking firm with a reputation for quality. Our ambition is to be the leader for exceptional client service.
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realize your aspirations. You have a voice and your opinion counts. We give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel, progress and share in our success. We are clear on what we expect from you and what you can expect in return.
Being at BDO is personally as well as professionally fulfilling. Relationships matter, and we have a friendly and inclusive culture built around our core values of honesty and integrity; empowerment and personal responsibility; mutual support and respect; and professional and personal client relationships.
A Manager’s primary responsibility is to manage the delivery of projects on a day-to-day basis, and to build sustainable and profitable external and internal client relationships. You will have a good understanding of, and experience in, the field of financial due diligence for corporate or strategic buyers, private equity or financial buyers and vendors, and/ or reporting accountants work. You will also have potentially developed sector knowledge.
- Project manage larger client engagements, which includes determining the project scope and resource requirements, monitoring progress against budget and established timeframe, review of work completed by junior team members and resolving all project issues prior to Partner and Director review.
- Scope, prepare and review reports and documents using Word and PowerPoint
- Contribute to the management of the project team on a day-to-day basis, including responsibility for briefing, supervising and developing junior staff.
- Deliver complete reports that include specific conclusions and recommendations.
- Assist the Partner, Director and Assistant Directors in the development of existing and new service stream practices.
- Contribute to the successful development of client relationships. Liaise with clients on matters concerning risk management, progress and monitoring information flows.
- Promote knowledge sharing within the team.
- Ensure client feedback is captured, addressed and effectively communicated to the project manager/director.
- Build sustainable relationships with clients, and take responsibility for delivering answers to clients in most cases.
- Support the conversion of opportunities into chargeable work including pitch participation.
- Identify and recognise new project and business opportunities, and inform the project director or partner as appropriate.
- Act as an ambassador of the firm, participate in marketing events and keeping abreast of the wide range of services the firm offers.
- Support recruitment, retention, development, training and motivation of employees within the Transaction Services team, acting as a role model to more junior staff.
- Seek and take action on feedback.
- Deliver honest and timely feedback to executives.
- Thorough working knowledge of Transaction Services activities
- ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent), or relevant work experience.
- Previous staff supervision or management experience.
- Good knowledge of MS Office, in particular Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
- For those involved in Capital Markets transactions a good knowledge of the relevant legislation.
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.