BDO. Because relationships matter.
BDO LLP is one of the UK’s largest accountancy and business advisory firms providing services to ambitious businesses within the UK and worldwide. With more than 3,500 talented people, generating close to £400m in UK revenues, we bring real leadership across the mid-market. We are a member of BDO International, which has more than 1,260 offices worldwide, spread across 147 countries. We are a profitable, dynamic and forward-looking firm with a reputation for quality. Our ambition is to be the leader for exceptional client service.
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realize your aspirations. You have a voice and your opinion counts. We give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel, progress and share in our success. We are clear on what we expect from you and what you can expect in return.
Being at BDO is personally as well as professionally fulfilling. Relationships matter, and we have a friendly and inclusive culture built around our core values of honesty and integrity; empowerment and personal responsibility; mutual support and respect; and professional and personal client relationships.
As an Executive, you will be required to use your previous experience and work closely with senior and junior members within the team to assist in the timely delivery of services. You will gain an understanding and experience the field of financial due diligence for corporate or strategic buyers, private equity or financial buyers and vendors, and or reporting accountants work. You will also have developed sector knowledge.
- Support transaction services projects and the teams in the performance of hands on fieldwork.
- Manage smaller on site project teams, assuming responsibility for briefing, supervising and developing junior staff.
- Manage smaller projects or aspects of larger projects, with particular responsibilities for:
- project administration, including providing input into engagement letters, information requests, timetable and budgets
- target liaison, including monitoring information flow
- project management, including monitoring budgets and ensuring that work is completed within agreed deadlines
- managing workload to meet deadlines.
- Produce discrete sections of reports containing minimal errors, in a clear, concise manner.
- Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of risk management practices and processes.
- Develop a clear understanding of the client’s business and their priorities.
- Identify and present solutions to potential issues including matters impacting risk or price to project managers.
- Provide a point of contact throughout the engagement dealing with requests and issues in a timely manner, in conjunction with senior members of the team.
- Provide clients with value-adding recommendations for improvements in processes and controls.
- Ensure client feedback is captured, addressed and effectively communicated to the Project Managers.
- Accompany more senior team members to meetings with clients as required, and assist with the preparation for and follow-up from such meetings.
- Support practice development activity and demonstrate an awareness of sales opportunities.
- Assist with administration and ad hoc projects within the department.
- Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams.
- Seek and take action on feedback.
- ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent), or relevant work experience.
- Experience of working as an Executive or Junior Manager within Transaction Services or related disciplines.
- Good knowledge of MS Office, in particular Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
- For those involved in Capital Markets transactions a working knowledge of the relevant legislation.
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.