BDO. Because relationships matter.
BDO LLP is one of the UK’s largest accountancy and business advisory firms providing services to ambitious businesses within the UK and worldwide. With more than 3,500 talented people, generating close to £400m in UK revenues, we bring real leadership across the mid-market. We are a member of BDO International, which has more than 1,260 offices worldwide, spread across 147 countries. We are a profitable, dynamic and forward-looking firm with a reputation for quality. Our ambition is to be the leader for exceptional client service.
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realize your aspirations. You have a voice and your opinion counts. We give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel, progress and share in our success. We are clear on what we expect from you and what you can expect in return.
Being at BDO is personally as well as professionally fulfilling. Relationships matter, and we have a friendly and inclusive culture built around our core values of honesty and integrity; empowerment and personal responsibility; mutual support and respect; and professional and personal client relationships.
The primary responsibility of the Internal Audit Manager will be to deal with all matters relating to the management of co-sourced and outsourced internal audit engagements across portfolio of banking clients. In addition, you will play a key role in assisting our partners to further develop and grow our banking internal audit team and service offering.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with all clients and colleagues
- Assist in business development opportunities.
- Management and oversight of co-sourced and outsourced internal audit engagements from planning to preparation of draft reports
- Coaching and oversight of fieldwork team and review of working papers
- Ensures the efficient and effective delivery of a number of concurrent assignments
- Assists with engagement administration including preparation of engagement letters
- Leads planning meetings
- Ensures scope of review is being met and direct involvement in complex or high profile areas
- Ensures team members respond to review points raised
- Discusses issues as they arise with the internal team and with client management
- Demonstrable experience in the delivery of internal audit engagements in a regulatory environment
- Functional knowledge of IIA requirements and principles
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner
- Experience of working with Regulatory bodies such as the PRA, FCA or Financial Ombudsman Service
- Sound technical knowledge of financial products and / or customer-facing regulated activities
Qualifications and skills
- Strong academic background, ideally to a degree level or equivalent in relevant subject matter