BDO is an award-winning, UK Member Firm of BDO International , the world's fifth largest accountancy network with more than 1,000 offices in over 100 countries, including affiliates. We specialise in helping businesses to achieve their goals and adhere to strong values and a One Firm approach. Our strength in the market place is mirrored in our achievements - Accountancy Age Audit, Tax and Corporate finance team of the year, FT Best Workplaces, highest new entry in Times Top 100 Graduate Employees; to name a few of our recent accolades. Our people work within an extremely supportive and creative environment, and are equipped and empowered to deliver exceptional service. Developing strong, personal relationships with our clients is at the forefront of our service approach and you'll find that BDO is a truly innovative and forward thinking place to work.
The primary responsibility of the Internal Audit Senior Manager will be to deal with all matters relating to the management of co-sourced and outsourced internal audit engagements across portfolio of banking clients. In addition, you will play a key role in assisting our partners to further develop and grow our banking internal audit team and service offering.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with all clients and colleagues
- Assist in business development opportunities.
- Management and oversight of co-sourced and outsourced internal audit engagements from planning to preparation of draft reports
- Coaching and oversight of fieldwork team and review of working papers
- Ensures the efficient and effective delivery of a number of concurrent assignments
- Assists with engagement administration including preparation of engagement letters
- Leads planning meetings
- Ensures scope of review is being met and direct involvement in complex or high profile areas
- Ensures team members respond to review points raised
- Discusses issues as they arise with the internal team and with client management
- Demonstrable experience in the delivery of internal audit engagements in a regulatory environment
- Functional knowledge of IIA requirements and principles
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner
- Experience of working with Regulatory bodies such as the PRA, FCA or Financial Ombudsman Service
- Sound technical knowledge of financial products and / or customer-facing regulated activities
Qualifications and skills
- Strong academic background, ideally to a degree level or equivalent in relevant subject matter