BDO. Because relationships matter.
BDO LLP is one of the UK’s largest accountancy and business advisory firms providing services to ambitious businesses within the UK and worldwide. With more than 3,500 talented people, generating close to £400m in UK revenues, we bring real leadership across the mid-market. We are a member of BDO International, which has more than 1,260 offices worldwide, spread across 147 countries. We are a profitable, dynamic and forward-looking firm with a reputation for quality. Our ambition is to be the leader for exceptional client service.
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realize your aspirations. You have a voice and your opinion counts. We give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel, progress and share in our success. We are clear on what we expect from you and what you can expect in return.
Being at BDO is personally as well as professionally fulfilling. Relationships matter, and we have a friendly and inclusive culture built around our core values of honesty and integrity; empowerment and personal responsibility; mutual support and respect; and professional and personal client relationships.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Company Secretarial Assistant to join our Business Services and Accounting team due to an increasing workload.
You will join an established team providing corporate, registered office and company administration services to a portfolio of clients. You will be responsible for ensuring that all client instructions are interpreted, responded to and reported correctly.
This is an exciting opportunity for candidates to take on a portfolio of compliance work, along with an exposure to advisory work, taken from a large client base and to help manage and further grow the department with the possibility of career development.
Principal Accountabilities and Attributes
- Good working knowledge of Companies Act 2006
- Experienced with common procedures e.g. director changes, change of accounting reference date, change of company name, simple allotments/share transfers
- Assist with the formation of entities and UK Establishments
- Willingness to learn and support staff dealing with corporate restructuring and more complex transactional projects
- Advise clients on company secretarial matters and answering ad hoc technical queries
- Be part of the team acting as a UK technical resource for all Company Secretarial matters
- Assist with on-boarding new clients and identifying new opportunities to support the growth of the UK portfolio
- Develop a network across the BDO firm to raise awareness of the Company secretarial team and highlight client opportunities
- Work efficiently and flexibly as part of a team to deliver work on a timely basis and to the required standard
- Reflect the firm’s policies and standards when dealing with clients and their advisers
- Manage the commercial aspects of the portfolio including, work in progress, billings and recoveries
- Through developing a deep understanding of client needs, able to add value by identifying new opportunities and services they may require
Capable of managing multiple tasks: be well organised and have good project management skills and be able to prioritise and manage tasks and workload
Take personal responsibility for delivering for clients, communicating early within the team where issues arise and have good attention to detail
- Proactive in managing own learning and development and actively seek feedback
- Able to communicate with BDO staff at all levels in the UK and around the world, and with clients and their external professional advisers
- Capable of working under pressure, with minimal supervision and “can do” attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Experience and Professional Qualifications
- Experience with Blueprint One World preferred
- Have a strong interest in the company secretarial role and what it entails
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.