BDO. Because relationships matter.
BDO LLP is one of the UK’s largest accountancy and business advisory firms providing services to ambitious businesses within the UK and worldwide. With more than 3,500 talented people, generating close to £400m in UK revenues, we bring real leadership across the mid-market. We are a member of BDO International, which has more than 1,260 offices worldwide, spread across 147 countries. We are a profitable, dynamic and forward-looking firm with a reputation for quality. Our ambition is to be the leader for exceptional client service.
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realize your aspirations. You have a voice and your opinion counts. We give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel, progress and share in our success. We are clear on what we expect from you and what you can expect in return.
Being at BDO is personally as well as professionally fulfilling. Relationships matter, and we have a friendly and inclusive culture built around our core values of honesty and integrity; empowerment and personal responsibility; mutual support and respect; and professional and personal client relationships.
BDO’s Bristol Global Outsourcing specialises in providing international accounting services to global businesses. We now require a Senior Executive to join our team to deliver all aspects of client accounting operations to our growing client base. The team has experienced significant growth in recent years and this position offers a real opportunity for the right candidate to join a successful and expanding team with proven career opportunities and clear career path.
What does the role entail?
- Production and review of timely and accurate information relating to financial information of clients.
- Ensure that all project deliverables for a client are being met in line with agreed timetables
- Oversee team and ensure adequate resourcing in order to meet said deliverables
- Lead client calls and oversee BDO local teams
- Coach and mentor more junior team members
- Drive forward process efficiencies and change within the team
- Opportunities to get involved in non-client related projects including sales and marketing.
- Maintain high standards of quality and appropriate attitude to risk to ensure exceptional client service is provided to clients at every stage of the project.
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA,CIMA)
- A- level or equivalent qualifications
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Attention to detail and ability to identify and solve issues
BDO offer you in return:
- Knowledge of accounting software supporting international operations such as Great Plains, Accounts IQ, Netsuite, etc.
- Experience working with US clients with variety of foreign operations
- Foreign languages useful but not essential
- Competitive salary
- Flexible benefits scheme including pension, childcare and car scheme
- Clear career path
- 25 days holiday
- TOIL for overtime worked
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.