BDO. Because relationships matter.
BDO LLP is one of the UK’s largest accountancy and business advisory firms providing services to ambitious businesses within the UK and worldwide. With more than 3,500 talented people, generating close to £400m in UK revenues, we bring real leadership across the mid-market. We are a member of BDO International, which has more than 1,260 offices worldwide, spread across 147 countries. We are a profitable, dynamic and forward-looking firm with a reputation for quality. Our ambition is to be the leader for exceptional client service.
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realize your aspirations. You have a voice and your opinion counts. We give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel, progress and share in our success. We are clear on what we expect from you and what you can expect in return.
Being at BDO is personally as well as professionally fulfilling. Relationships matter, and we have a friendly and inclusive culture built around our core values of honesty and integrity; empowerment and personal responsibility; mutual support and respect; and professional and personal client relationships.
This role will provide Tax compliance services for a wide range of clients.
Primary responsibility will be to take control of a portfolio of clients, and their day to day tax compliance affairs, whilst supervising the Tax team and reporting into the relevant Manager, Director and/or Partner. You will also be involved with tax advisory work on an ad hoc basis.
You will be self-motivated, able to work to tight deadlines, have excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills together with an ability and interest in understanding their clients’ business.
- Responsible for all day to day tax compliance affairs of clients, and involved with related advisory matters, whilst being supervised by Manager/Director/Partner and communicating effectively to the rest of the Tax team
- To draft letters and reports for review by Manager/Director/Partner
- To review work produced by more junior members of staff
- Identify risk and technical matters, as well as selling opportunities, to the Partner/Manager, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters
- Understand and adhere to cost budgets, meet reporting timetables, prepare key client reporting documents
- Ensure WIP is monitored and liaise with their line manager on client billing
Sales and Marketing:
- Supporting bid teams in tenders for new work.
- Ensure professional standards are met and supervise, support and develop more junior staff
Communication and representation:
- Develop professional relationships with clients and within the firm
- Provide an efficient and pro active service to clients and ensure that the clients’ needs are fully met
- Pay attention to self-development and continuing professional education with a view to progressing within practice
- To support and work as a team player in achieving activities for their business area
- Ideally to work on own initiative
- Consult with colleagues and Partners on technical and risk matters.
- Competent on routine work without generating significant Manager review points
- Significant understanding of and previous experience within tax compliance
- Tax advisory experience preferable but not essential
- Supervisory experience
- Excellent knowledge of Tax compliance products as well as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Lotus Notes
- Able to demonstrate the keenness to develop a career within the profession
- Ideally educated to degree level with no fewer than 280 UCAS points and a 2.1. degree
- CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent