• Maintenance of 70% first line fix rate.
• Call, Incident, Problem and Desktop Change Management through logging, escalation and resolution using Peregrine Service Centre and remote support tools, including the Knowledge Base, Wiki .
• Raising accurate tickets within Service Centre.
• Assignment of calls/ requests/ incidents to internal and external support teams where calls cannot be fixed by the Service Desk.
• Incident management encompassing incidents assigned to other support teams.
• Setting customer expectation by allocating an appropriate priority to an incident.
• Keeping customers informed of progress, together with actual or expected resolution, re-setting expectation if required.
• Adherence to required processes and procedures.
• Input to improvements required to processes, use of software, procedures etc.
• Remote Software installations.
• Ad hoc tasks as required, e.g. production of relevant stats, team development initiatives, improvement ideas, administration.
• Microsoft Office 2010 (essential)
• Windows 7 Enterprise Support (essential)
• Excellent English both written and verbal (essential)
• A+ and/or MCP certifications (desirable)
• Excellent telephone customer support skills with ‘personality in the voice’ (essential)
• Basic understanding of hardware, standard software, network technologies, remote support, and operating systems
• Troubleshooting skills
• High focus on customer service/customer care
• Remain calm under pressure
• Ability to communicate clearly to customers with varying levels of computer literacy (i.e. plain English)
• Must be a good team player.
• Flexible, ‘can-do’ attitude and willing to take responsibility.
• Proactive and prepared to use initiative.
• Overall 2+ years of work experience in Following
• Extensive fault finding and troubleshooting experience in a Windows 7 and XP, Active Directory / GPO environment.
• Experience in SCCM 2007 or 2012.
• Good knowledge of ESX and VMware.
• Extensive knowledge of Active directory and Group policy.
• Extensive knowledge of PC hardware/peripherals and latest technologies.
• Good understanding of remote support tools.
• Actively used HPOV or equivalent monitoring software.
• Graduate in any discipline with good technical/communication skills