This role forms part of the IT Operational Teams responsible for managing the production environment, ensuring high availability of Telephony services for Allianz UK Business divisions.
Includes taking an active role in maintaining the IPT estate, participating in Telephony projects, as required, and developing skills to continue to enable provision of support to the business.
As part of the IT Operations team you will provide technical skills for the delivery and support of production systems and applications.
• Provides Operational Infrastructure and Application Support to the Telephony Environment. Conforming to all applicable IT architecture, Operational standards and relevant SLA’s/KPi’s..Engage with all stakeholders to ensure that all IP telephony issues are understood, raised and resolved.
• Maintains quality IP telephony services by following organization standards; Change, Incident, Problem (inc root cause analysis) minimizing downtime. Anticipates potential issues and proactively address them before they become problems.
• Continue to enhance Telephony Monitoring Systems and Processes to ensure a real time view of service.
• Ensure that documentation is up to date, including: Operational Manuals, troubleshooting guides, disaster recovery / BCP procedures.
• Network actively and effectively with teams across IT Operations, Projects and the Business, both formally, e.g. by ad hoc meetings and discussions to maintain technical awareness information exchange and informally in the sharing of ideas.
• Excellent overall knowledge and hands on experience of AVAYA product range (AVAYA S87XX server or higher and G650/G450 gateway series) configuration and support.
• Exposure to AVAYA multi-site environment including both simplex and duplex administration of ESS and LSP servers configuration and support
• Experience in administration and maintenance of AVAYA CMS R15 or higher visions including basic UNIX command for Solaris server administration.
• Practical exposure and experience in Call Centre technologies, including ACD call routing, Agents, Vectoring, VDNs, CTI, CMS
• Experience in administration, configuration and support of AVAYA Module Messaging System
• AVAYA AES server administration and maintenance including integration with third party CTI clients
• Carrier Services configuration & support skills, including ISDN30, H.323 and SIP
• AVAYA product experience at least equivalent to ACIS, ACS or ACA level
• Must have excellent interpersonal and customer liaison skills (telephone and face to face) as the role will come into contact with all levels within the business and IT
• Highly developed problem determination capabilities, ability to troubleshoot third party applications
• Dynamic and tenacious attitude, puts solution before problems
• A desire to understand the customer’s business in relation to IT product delivery is beneficial
• Collaborates with team members to offer solutions
• Must have a flexible proactive attitude and be willing to take on responsibility and use own initiative
• Able to work both within a team and individually as required
• Ability to assess impact and urgency against the business objective whilst keeping others regularly informed of status and current constraints