- SAS architect with the following responsibilities
* Standards definition covering design of system, system components and development
* Systems analysis, ability to convert very high level business concepts/requirements into high level technical architecture [across different SAS tiers] and refining it to component level design
* System design & tuning - covering performance optimization & enhancement techniques, throughtput improvement facets,
* Integration and interfaces with other systems/technology platforms
* Test strategy definition along with test team
* Support of reliable and reusable solutions
- Able to design/re-design complex Data Warehouse Architecture using Kimball/Inmon techniques. Shoule be able to design/re-design SAS/Oracle data models with the help of DBA or a Data Modeller.
- Able to come up with robust design covering complete SAS suite - Metadata definition [using DI], ETL process design, Design of cubes, design of reports using SAS Information maps, web reports, etc. Understanding and implementation of SAS multi-tier architecture.
- Assures that application designs are consistent with industry best practices application attributes
- Quickly learn and understand the business in reinsurance. Able to translate business concepts involving complex calculations and algorithms [like Loss modelling, Predictive analysis, Claim Forecasting] into appropriate and efficient design.
- Plans, organizes, and directs critical technical/project work.
- Guides developers on best practices in the development process and generally accepted programming standards and techniques to ensure efficient program logic and data manipulation.
- Design and Code reviews project work to ensure that code quality is up to standard.
- Identifies technology related blockers in projects and works to eliminate them.
- Assists in troubleshooting during testing and production phases of project.
- Assists in delivery of projects through strategy, design, estimation, and Project Management.
- Engages with other architects to collaborate on design of new components.
- Acts as a point of contact for technical issues within the organization
• 8+ years experience in SAS and SAS technologies [SAS/Base, SAS DI, SAS EG, BI - Information Map Studio, Web Report Studio, BI Dashboards,.SAS Stored processes, OLAP Cubes]
• Advanced Technical, Analytical & Problem Solving Skills.
• Excellent Interpersonal & Communication Skills.
• Mathematical and statistical skills.
• Ability to quickly learn and understand the Allianz reinsurance business
• Extensive experience in SAS interfacing with web technologies - Java & related areas.
• Coaching and Mentoring Skills
Exposure to insurance / reinsurance business.
Exposure to onshore / international clients.
Strong Analytical, Logical and Communication Skills (written, oral, one to one etc).
Professional, Innovative, Drive for continuous improvement, Positive attitude, proactively provides solutions