• Defining, Monitoring and troubleshooting of SAS Servers, libraries and security schemes
• Configuration and maintenance of Users, Groups and Roles in SAS Metadata
• Incident management and change management on SAS Platforms in timely manner
• Provide process improvement recommendations for the development team
• Install, configure and maintain SAS Client applications on virtual platform.
• Coordinate and carry out the platform upgradations
• Work with and modify SAS configuration files
• Install sas hotfixes – client side and server side
• Monitor the performance, I/O and disk usage of AIX/Linux servers on which SAS Services are running
• Implement ORACLE (any other database) connectivity from SAS and troubleshoot any issues.
• Coordinate with SAS Institute for upgrades and deployment of new SAS applications.
• Coordinate internal teams (UNIX, Database...) for any issues.
• SAS/UNIX Server performance monitoring and tuning.
• SAS License renewal and apply SAS Service pack on SAS/UNIX Server.
• Monitoring and administering the web components of SAS.
• Basic scripting needed for platform maintenance
• Lead and troubleshoot the Migrations of project from 9.2 to 9.3 platform
• Administer and assist in integration of other web applications with SAS
Essential technical Skills
• Knowledge of multi tier architecture of SAS
• Knowledge in installing, configuring and administering the following SAS applications
• SAS Management Console
• SAS Di Studio
• SAS Enterprise Guide
• SAS Information Studio
• SAS Enterprise Miner
• SAS OLAP Cube Studio
• SAS Information Delivery Portal
• SAS Web Report Studio
• SAS Stored Process Web Applications
• SAS BI Dashboards
• SAS FM Studio
• Data flux
• Knowledge of handling all the server components of SAS and their configurations.
SAS Metadata server, Workspace Server, Pooled Workspace server, Stored process server, Content server and Web application servers.
• Basic SAS programming knowledge – Base SAS and SAS Macros
• UNIX shell scripting experience
• Knowledge in SAS Migrations (e.g.:- version 9.2 to 9.3)
• Knowledge SAS Backup and restore mechanism.
• Connectivity to other RDBMS from SAS
• Detailed knowledge of how SAS Metadata security works
• Experience with Websphere
• Experience in any cluster monitoring Tools like Ganglia
Desired Technical Skills
• Expertise in writing complex SQL statements, queries, stored procedures, and macros
• Knowledge of creation of models in SAS and their deployments
• Registering algorithms in E-Miner
• Creation of OLAP cubes
• Ability to fine tune the complex database queries
• Exposure to dimensional modelling
• Knowledge of data warehousing principles
SAS Administration on multi tier environment.
Proficiency in SQL, Unix Shell scripts, Excel and PowerPoint.
Excellent analytic and troubleshooting skills
Capability for Training/mentoring other team members
Ability to meet SLAs while handling multiple projects
Excellent client facing skills