Are you an experienced data modeller? This is great, unique opportunity, for someone who is looking to for a positively challenging Data Modelling role in Specialist Services team, in the recently established Office of the Chief Data Officer.
This position is flexibly based in our Head Office in Guildford, you will have responsibility for dworking closley with our business, developing junior data modellers as well as getting the chance to expand your knowledge of different data and cloud technologies and explore new and exciting capabilities along with Information Architects.
You will work closely with the Data Value Management team driving best practice in data management. Other key customers include: Analytics and Business Intelligence teams. We increasingly work in a fast-paced, agile, and continuous delivery environment.
This is what may be a part of your daily job:
- Activley collaborate with your customers in order to understand and document specifications in order to perform data modelling.
- Enable and support the design of the Data Modelling strategy.
- Responsible for applying Enterprise metadata standards to data models.
- Contribute to Enterprise Business Glossary and its links to the definitions in data models.
- Enabling transfer of data models to Data Governance tools.
- Produce, publish and maintain Data Models using a Data Modelling tool such as ER/Studio.
- Reverse engineer data models, from existing databases or data models, using a data modelling tool such as ER/Studio.
- Provide expertise and technical guidance/training/standards in building data warehousing / dimensional /data vault modelling and OLTP modelling.
- Technical Leadership, re Data Modelling, of the Data Modelling Team.
- Participation in peer review/quality assurance in building data warehousing / dimensional modelling and OLTP modelling expertise
- Work closely with the Business Analysts and Information/Solution/Technical Architects to ensure the effective translation of Business and Technical requirements into logical/Physical data model.
- Produce specifications which define the data modelling requirements and, to enable these parties to become self-sufficient in producing these requirement/specification documents.
This is what you will need to feel comfortable in your role:
• A seasoned Senior Data Modeller with relevant Data Modelling experience
• Experience of Relational 3rd Normal Form, Data Vault and Dimensional Modelling
• Experience of Conceptual, Logical and Physical Data Modelling
• Experience of leading and mentoring other Data Modellers
• Expert/very good knowledge and experience of a Data Modelling tool such as ER/Studio or Erwin
• Expert/very good knowledge and experience of OLTP, Data Mart and Data warehouse Data Models
• Very strong business communication skills, are essential for this role
• A team player
• Effective stakeholder management skills
• The ability to manage multiple tasks and assignments
• Good knowledge of working in agile project environments
Recognised and rewarded for a job well done, we have a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from - including retail discounts and insurance cover - so you can pick a package that’s perfect for you. We also offer flexible working options and global career development opportunities across the wider Allianz Group. That’s on top of enjoying all the benefits you’d expect from the world’s number one insurance brand, including:
• Flexible buy/sell holiday options
• Competitive bonus scheme
• Generous pension contributions
• Development days
• A discount up to 50% on a range of insurance products including car, home and pet
• Retail discounts
At Allianz we want everyone to bring their full self to work, so we invest in our people’s personal and professional development. This helps us build the high performing workforce of tomorrow, but don’t just take our word for it – at the British Insurance Awards we won seven awards, including General Insurer of the Year and Commercial Lines Insurer of the Year.
We’re at a pivotal moment in our history following the purchases of the LV= General Insurance Group and the General Insurance division of Legal & General, making us the second biggest general insurer in the UK. We’re building our future together, and we’re excited about the possibilities ahead – interested in being part of the team?
At Allianz we believe that the difference in our people makes the difference to our business. We’re committed to removing any barriers in our recruitment process so if you’re having difficulties with your online application or any other stage, please email us at email@example.com
For external applicants only –
Please be aware that we will require satisfactory pre-employment evidence to include DBS, Financial Probity and Fraud checks, before you can commence employment with us.