Salary: £36,857 - £42,749
Location: Horsham & Crawley
Are you looking to progress your career within a market leading engineering business? At Allianz Engineering, Construction & Power we offer many opportunities within engineering inspection.
One of the key roles within Allianz Engineering, Construction & Power is that of the Engineer Surveyor. Our Engineer Surveyors are at the forefront of our business, visiting client sites to carry out inspections and assessing a wide range of plant, equipment and installations.
Your new role:
This is an exciting home-based opportunity for an experienced engineer with a good knowledge of the Lift and Crane discipline to join Allianz Engineering, a division of one of the largest insurers and financial services companies in the world.
As an Engineer Surveyor you will assess a wide range of installations, anticipate problems and help our clients to ensure that they comply with relevant legislation. You will work closely with your Engineer Surveyor Team managed by one of our Area Managers. You will prepare reports of examination following your inspections using electronic reporting to ensure fast and efficient delivery to our clients.
This role forms an integral part of our business, as you carry out hands-on inspections of various items of plant and equipment such as lifts, escalators, cranes and construction plant. This role with also involve an element of Pressure Mechanical work on Minor Pressure Systems (MPS). You will assess a wide range of installations, anticipate problems and help our clients to ensure that they comply with relevant legislation.
The role requires the successful applicant to be:
- Being up to date on your knowledge and understanding of all relevant compliance and regulatory rules and procedures that relate to the Lift and Crane discipline.
- Making well informed decisions, and willing to take responsibility.
- Being effective at short, medium and long-term planning, in order to diarise meetings, visits and work allocation.
- Being able to travel effectively within your local allocated work area.
- Processing documentation, as well as undertaking general administration in a timely manner.
- Willingness to support and deputise for fellow Engineer Surveyors (of own discipline) as and when required. Part of the role may also involve an element of Pressure Mechanical work on Minor Pressure Systems (MPS). Previous experience would be advantageous
•Successful candidates are required to hold (or currently be working towards) minimum qualifications in Mechanical Engineering - HND / HNC / Full Technological Certificate, relevant to the Lift & Crane Industry.
A background in working with lifts and/or crane equipment, with hands on experience of working in a role such as manufacturing / repair / maintenance.
• Strong customer interaction skills are essential, including good oral and written communication skills.
• Incorporated Engineer (Preferred) and have a recognised apprenticeship or have received equivalent training.
• A holder of a full valid UK driving licence
• Being able and willing to work out of allocated work area and away from home.
• Good computer literacy skills.
Recognised and rewarded for a job well done, we have a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from - including retail discounts and insurance cover - so you can pick a package that’s perfect for you. We also offer flexible working options and global career development opportunities across the wider Allianz Group. That’s on top of enjoying all the benefits you’d expect from the world’s number one insurance brand, including:
• Package after training - £36,857 to £42,749
• Travel time in included within working week
• Competitive annual bonus scheme
• Overtime earnings - Uncapped
• Flexible buy/sell holiday options – Up to 5 days per holiday year
• Company car – Toyota range
• Flexible working
• Generous pension contributions
• Development days and unlimited Learning & Development opportunities
• A discount up to 50% on a range of insurance products for you and your family including car, home , pet and equine
• Health & lifestyle benefits for you and your family including Dental, Bupa , Canada Life and Cycle to Work
• Employee Support Programme
• Retail discounts including BMW, Vodafone, Uber Eats, attractions, travel ,shops and more
• Life cover x4
At Allianz we want everyone to bring their full self to work, so we invest in our people’s personal and professional development. This helps us build the high performing workforce of tomorrow, but don’t just take our word for it – at the British Insurance Awards we won seven awards, including General Insurer of the Year and Commercial Lines Insurer of the Year.
We’re at a pivotal moment in our history following the purchases of the LV= General Insurance Group and the General Insurance division of Legal & General, making us the second biggest general insurer in the UK. We’re building our future together, and we’re excited about the possibilities ahead – interested in being part of the team?
At Allianz we believe that the difference in our people makes the difference to our business. We’re committed to removing any barriers in our recruitment process so if you’re having difficulties with your online application or any other stage, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For external applicants only –
Please be aware that we will require satisfactory pre-employment evidence to include DBS, Financial Probity and Fraud checks, before you can commence employment with us.