Here at Allianz UK, everyone brings their own expertise and enthusiasm to work, to enable customers to make the right insurance decisions to meet their needs. We’re passionate about helping our customers and employees move on and up in life and business.
We nurture and invest in talent to ensure that great people build great careers with us. There’s a variety of different career opportunities which enable people to fulfil their potential and we provide an award-winning range of training, recognised in 2015 by Investors in People (IIP) with a Gold level accreditation. Other prestigious industry awards we have won include General Insurer of the Decade at the British Insurance Awards 2014.
A career gap shouldn’t be a barrier to realising your professional goals and aspirations. Allianz is ready to launch a 6 month paid programme specifically for people who’ve been out of the workforce for at least two years. Joining them as an IT Manager, you will have the opportunity to secure a permanent position, once a great fit for both you and the business has been established.
Who Allianz is looking for:
Allianz is keen to welcome back experienced and talented professionals who can contribute to their focus on true customer centricity. You will have been a natural relationship builder and influencer in a previous IT professional/managerial role, working in a collaborative and communicative way.
If this sounds like you read on and apply.
About the Programme
The 6 month programme, starting in January 2018 will be located in Guildford, Surrey at the Allianz Insurance Head Office. During this time you will have the opportunity to contribute to significant projects within the business with tangible outcomes whilst you refresh your technical skills, continue your professional development and network with others on the programme and the wider business. You will be supported by bespoke Women Returners coaching sessions and business based mentors, all with a view to you becoming a permanent member of our team following the programme.
In exchange for a competitive salary package and the support of the programme, they’re looking for people in the following skills and experience:
• Experience in the set up and management of IT portfolio plans including prioritisation, dependency management, cost, time and quality tracking
• Strong IT skills with a keen interest in leveraging agile principles and methodology
• Excellent understanding of the Systems Development Lifecycle, systems integration and support
• Strong People Leadership skills with a proven ability to work with all level of stakeholder and build effective relationships
• Ability to Coach and motivate team members supporting them with their personal and professional development
• An appreciation of Finance, compliance, information security and the principles of software and engineering excellence
• Excellent analytical skills
• Experience of building a highly inclusive culture and providing Leadership that engages employees, key stakeholders and Customers.
At Allianz, we welcome applications from everyone, regardless of your background or needs. If you need assistance with making your application please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For external applicants only –
Please be aware that we will require satisfactory pre-employment evidence to include DBS, Financial Probity and Fraud checks, before you can commence employment with us.