Allianz is the world’s largest insurer supporting over 100 million customers across 70 countries. Our size and passion for continuous improvement has led us to embarked on a multi-million pound, multi-year Transformation Programme across the globe.
The programme will ensure our business continues to outperform the market, delivering the best balance between profit and growth, whilst achieving exceptional customer and intermediary satisfaction. Your role as Senior Solution Architect will be pivotal to shaping and supporting the UK organisation. Through architectures and architectural guidance around the build and deployment of the various technical components you will source solutions and challenge the status quo.
The programme will provide opportunity to work with architects, subject matter experts and technical teams across Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. This is a unique opportunity to shape the way a global organisation does business and brings customer satisfaction.
This international programme is a critical part of the UK business strategy, the programme will deliver a future business model which is digitally data led, where Allianz customers buy our products and services with ease, simplicity and efficiency. Underpinning this aspiration is the delivery of a “world class” modern IT platform, built to meet our 2025 strategic objectives.
Please note; the flexible location advertised reflects the ability to work from both home and office. The office is based in Guildford with the expectation being a minimum of 2 days per month, a maximum of 16 days per month on site. We are NOT sponsoring for this role. All candidates need to demonstrate their right to work in the UK. #LI-JB1
The successful individual will need to be able to:
- Prepare solution architectures to support the programme
- Produce, or ensure production of, all architectural deliverables under our development methodology to the required level of quality. These include but are not necessarily limited to: Solution Options, Outline Architecture, Candidate Architecture, Solution Architecture.
- Ensure the cohesion of the overall technical and functional solutions
- Provide architectural support and mentoring for other solution architects where required
- Support the development and delivery of IT estimates taking into account both “build” and “run” components of cost and effort where relevant.
- Identify all areas of risk, including Architectural, Technical and Security, and manage them with the co-operation of the appropriate stakeholders, defining appropriate work to address these or escalate as necessary.
- Provide Design Assurance to delivery teams to ensure solutions are implemented as designed, and to the correct standards and quality.
- Lead, develop and motivate team/s to deliver against KPI’s and SLA’s and provide exceptional customer service internally and externally
- Operating at a senior level in the Solution Architecture arena ideally within a regulated industry.
- Coaching solution architects and technical delivery resources to ensure the appropriate interpretation of solution architectures and implementation within detailed design and development.
- Ability to influence across a multi-national commercial organisation. build and maintain relationships with stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Producing architecture roadmaps that incorporate business change.
- Experience with technical selection and RFI/RFP processes.
- Experience driving and leading technical and skills improvement in a professional community.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to simplify complex information when needed
- Stakeholder management and the ability to influence at varying levels.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to understand business processes and models.
- Ability to convey Architecture through the use of a variety of communication techniques to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Broad knowledge of IT technologies and technical architectures.
- TOGAF or equivalent qualification.
- Degree level or equivalent appropriate experience.
Recognised and rewarded for a job well done, we have a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from – including our share incentive plan and insurance cover – so you can pick a package that’s perfect for you. We also offer flexible working options and global career development opportunities across the wider Allianz Group. That’s on top of enjoying all the benefits you’d expect from the world’s number one insurance brand, including:
• Flexibility to buy and sell holiday
• Competitive bonus scheme
• Car allowance
• Generous pension contributions
• BUPA medical insurance
• A discount up to 50% on a range of insurance products including car, home and pet
At Allianz we want everyone to bring their full self to work, so we invest in our people’s personal and professional development. This helps us build the high performing workforce of tomorrow, but don’t just take our word for it – at the British Insurance Awards we won seven awards, including General Insurer of the Year and Commercial Lines Insurer of the Year.
We’re at a pivotal moment in our history following the purchases of the LV= General Insurance Group and the General Insurance division of Legal & General, making us the second biggest general insurer in the UK. We’re building our future together, and we’re excited about the possibilities ahead – interested in being part of the team?
At Allianz we believe that the difference in our people makes the difference to our business. We’re committed to removing any barriers in our recruitment process so if you’re having difficulties with your online application or any other stage, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For external applicants only –
Please be aware that we will require satisfactory pre-employment evidence to include DBS, Financial Probity and Fraud checks, before you can commence employment with us.