We are building our Commercial Lines Pricing capability and are looking for Senior Modelling Pricing Analysts to lead our technical pricing capability, based in our Guildford Head Office.
As a Senior Modelling Analyst you will be responsible for the development and delivery of modelling pricing for different lines of business – property, casualty and motor. This will include the development of pricing models and component based pricing to deliver robust technical pricing in support of the business strategy. The data led, technical pricing solutions will ensure confidence in pricing decisions and effective portfolio management.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Identifying and validating data requirements
• Defining appropriate modelling methodologies
• Identifying and augmenting models with additional data sources
• Overseeing the development and delivery of loss cost models
• Ensure technical pricing meets Allianz Group Technical Excellence standards and achieves ‘certified’ status.
• Provide training, direction and technical reviews to junior analysts within the team
• Communicating and collaborating with other teams including Underwriting, IT, Finance and Actuarial
• Regularly monitor technical price performance and manage a process of model reviews
Please note: we are ideally looking at a start date from September so will be reviewing and interviewing candidates before the closing date, but also welcome candidates on a notice period
To be a success in this role, you will already be experienced in delivering models and technical pricing in a similar role. In addition, you will be:
• Educated to degree level in a numerate discipline or equivalent experience
• Appropriate professional qualifications
• Strong analytical and statistical experience
• Confident with analytical tools and software, e.g. SAS, Python, R, Emblem
• Experience working on cross team/department projects to achieve a common goal
• Experience of coaching and developing analysts within a team
• Ideally (but not essential) experience of Commercial Lines insurance products
Recognised and rewarded for a job well done, we have a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from - including retail discounts and insurance cover - so you can pick a package that’s perfect for you. We also offer flexible working options and global career development opportunities across the wider Allianz Group. That’s on top of enjoying all the benefits you’d expect from the world’s number one insurance brand, including:
• Flexible buy/sell holiday options
• Competitive bonus scheme
• Generous pension contributions
• Development days
• A discount up to 50% on a range of insurance products including car, home and pet
• Retail discounts
At Allianz we want everyone to bring their full self to work, so we invest in our people’s personal and professional development. This helps us build the high performing workforce of tomorrow, but don’t just take our word for it – at the British Insurance Awards we won seven awards, including General Insurer of the Year and Commercial Lines Insurer of the Year.
We’re at a pivotal moment in our history following the purchases of the LV= General Insurance Group and the General Insurance division of Legal & General, making us the second biggest general insurer in the UK. We’re building our future together, and we’re excited about the possibilities ahead – interested in being part of the team?
At Allianz we believe that the difference in our people makes the difference to our business. We’re committed to removing any barriers in our recruitment process so if you’re having difficulties with your online application or any other stage, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For external applicants only –
Please be aware that we will require satisfactory pre-employment evidence to include DBS, Financial Probity and Fraud checks, before you can commence employment with us.