V.Ships Cadet Programme UK
We run two types of Programs, United Kingdom and International.
We fully understand the importance of well trained sea staff, which is why we’re committed to recruiting and training cadets as part of our comprehensive career development programme.
We focus on developing the skills, knowledge and competence of our recruits to be future officers, with training completed during both seagoing service and within maritime colleges and academies.
All officers onboard play an active role in the cadet development programme, while our shore based cadet training team actively manage the process. Our cadets are trained to have absolute regard to safety, security and the maritime environment, receiving mentoring and career guidance throughout their employment with us.
Entry Requirements (UK)
V.Ships will accept all UK applications for the Officer Trainee Programmes along with EU Nationals who have been ordinarily lived in the UK for more than one year.
Applicants meeting the following criteria will be offered places on this programme, subject to the availability of places:
- 48 UCAS points at A/AS level, including subjects which support the application
- GCSE Mathematics (grade 6 or above), Science and English Language at grades C or above (or equivalent)
- where English is not the applicant’s first language, an IELTS score of 6.0 or equivalent, achieved within the two years prior to applying for the programme
- other qualifications that are equivalent to the above (normally, the College will review evidence supplied by mature, non-standard applicants regarding their ability to undertake the programme)
- the award of credits via Recognition of Prior Experiential Learning (RPEL) will be assessed on an individual basis
- applicants will need to pass an industry-standard medical examination in order to complete a placement at sea (it is advised that applicants complete this prior to arrival)
HNC/HND entry criteria:
- For entry into the HNC/D course you will require a minimum of 4 GCSE or Standard Grade/National 5 passes at Grade C/3 or above including English, Mathematics and a Science based subject. NOTE – If you are a Scottish applicant and are sitting the new National qualifications you will be required to hold 4 National 5s to be eligible for the HNC/D course. Entry requirements for the PD course will not be affected by this.
- Applicants for the Foundation Degree and Scottish Professional Diploma routes require 48 UCAS points from 2 or more A Levels or Highers; these must include either Physics or Mathematics.
- Applicants will also require 4 GCSEs or Standard Grades at grade C/3 or above including English, Mathematics and a Science based subject. Applicants for Electro-Technical Officer training must hold the qualifications required for the Foundation Degree.
Application Process – UK Cadet In-take is January and September yet we accept applications year round.
The application process will include:
– Online screening form including CV upload – Stage 1 – Skype Interview with Cadet Team – Stage 2 – Attend formal face to face interview at UK Nautical College – Stage 3 – Induction day at a V.Ships Office in the UK – Cadet Training Programme Commences shortly after induction
– Online screening form including a Cadet Applicaiton Form and CV upload – Stage 1 – Skype Interview with Cadet Recruitment Manager – Stage 2 – Attend formal face to face interview at UK Nautical College – Stage 3 – Induction day at a V.Ships Office in the UK – Cadet Training Programme Commences shortly after induction
V. Group is the leading global maritime agency with a pool of 44,000 active seafarers and approximately 3,000 shore colleagues. We represent in excess of 300 global client businesses who have engaged our management services for around 1,000 vessels.
At V. Group, our ambition is straightforward - to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine crew supply/management services.
Our values comprise of ‘five C’s’: we Care, we Collaborate, we Challenge, we are Consistent, and we Commit and Deliver, these values are central to our business and remain embedded in to our service output.
We aim to be an industry leader, challenging the parameters of best practice and shaping the future of Marine Operations.
As a strictly compliant global leader in marine services, V. Group will not request any fees or compensation for our services from seafarers. Please be aware of any illegal recruitment services and crewing representatives attempting to act on our behalf.