We are currently looking for Ship Servies Engineer for SAGA cruises - cruise vessel SPIRIT OF DISCOVERY!
Start date: required to join on 30/May/2021 till 30th July 2021
Salary = £/ per month worked on board
Contract 2 months +/-1
“Interview and contract dates are subject to change depending on the operational requirements of the client following COVID-19 return to service plans.”
Licence / Qualification requirements;
Desired – Chief Engineer Unlimited
Responsibilities as per V.Ships S&QMS;
Technical Department Responsibility 9 - Water Chlorination Systems
Responsible for the safe and efficient repair, maintenance and operation of the ship’s water chlorination systems.
Technical Department Responsibility 10 - Deck Machinery
Responsible for the safe and efficient repair and maintenance of deck machinery (deck machinery includes but is not limited to: cranes, gangways, davits, winches, windlasses, ramps, tender pontoons and similar).
Technical Department Responsibility 11 - Lifeboat And Tender Engines And Winches
Responsible for the safe and efficient repair and maintenance of the lifeboat and tender engines and winches.
Technical Department Responsibility 13a - Air Conditioning
- The safe and efficient repair, maintenance and operation of all machinery outside the main and auxiliary engine room spaces (e.g. all mechanical hotel equipment and services, plumbing, etc.).
- The day to day discipline and control of those personnel assigned to him for hotel maintenance
Technical Department Responsibility 14 - Swimming Pool Systems
Responsible for the safe and efficient repair and maintenance of the swimming pool systems.
Technical Department Responsibility 17 – Garbage/Waste Management Equipment (Except Incinerator)
- The safe and efficient repair and maintenance of garbage/waste management equipment (including but not limited to: incinerator, garbage processing equipment (compactor, crusher, pulper, shredder etc.), sewage or other wastewaters treatment plant, oily water separator and oil content meter etc.).
- Advising the Chief Engineer and the Officer assigned onboard with Environmental Operations Duties (per DDR 15) if any of the above equipment has become defective and unable to be repaired.
- The day to day discipline and control of those personnel assigned for operation of garbage processing equipment (garbage/incinerator equipment operators).
To assist the following with their responsibilities as per V.Ships S&QMS;
Assist Staff Captain with Deck Department Responsibility 14 - Water Treatment Monitoring
Responsibility for monitoring and recording the treatment of potable, service and swimming pool water and, where this treatment is not of an acceptable standard, the initiating corrective action.
- Watertight Door System hydraulics.
- High fog system machinery and distribution in non-machinery spaces.
- Convention valves.
- Ensure that planned maintenance assigned to their discipline is conducted and reported.
- Coach and train Junior Officers.
- Prepare appraisals for ‘Direct Reports’ in accordance with V.Ships and Saga policy.
- Attend passenger social events as directed by the Head of Department.
- Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as directed by the Head of Department.
Other tasks pertaining to departmental operations as directed by Head of Department
V. Group is the leading global maritime agency with a pool of 44,000 active seafarers and approximately 3,000 shore colleagues. We represent in excess of 300 global client businesses who have engaged our management services for around 1,000 vessels.
At V. Group, our ambition is straightforward - to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine crew supply/management services.
Our values comprise of ‘five C’s’: we Care, we Collaborate, we Challenge, we are Consistent, and we Commit and Deliver, these values are central to our business and remain embedded in to our service output.
We aim to be an industry leader, challenging the parameters of best practice and shaping the future of Marine Operations.
As a strictly compliant global leader in marine services, V. Group will not request any fees or compensation for our services from seafarers. Please be aware of any illegal recruitment services and crewing representatives attempting to act on our behalf.