V.Ships Leisure are looking for a 1st Electro-Technical Officer to work with Saga Cruises on board cruise vessel SPIRIT OF DISCOVERY.
Embarkation: 30/April/2021 till 30/June/2021
Salary in GBP/per month worked on board - TBD upon interview
Contract 2 months +/-1
License / Qualification requirements;
STCW ETO CoC - Reg. III/6
High Voltage Certification
Kongsberg automation systems experience
Podded drive experience
Line Manager: CETO
Direct Reports: 2ETO, 2nd Electrician, Electronic Systems Engineer, Computer Systems Officer, Electrical Assistants
Assist CETO with Technical Department Responsibility 15 - Electrical Equipment
Responsible to the CETO for:
• The management of the electrical sub-department
• The safe and efficient repair, maintenance, testing and operation of all electrical and electronic equipment on board
• The day-to-day management, control and development of electrical staff.
• Attend passenger social events as directed by the Head of Department.
• Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as directed by the Head of Department.
• Ensure direct reports are line managed effectively in accordance with Saga and V.Ships appraisal policies
• Ensure accessibility to direct reports and support individual’s needs, sourcing advice and reporting matters of a personal nature confidentially to the Head of Department where necessary.
• Other shipboard tasks pertaining to departmental operations as directed by Head of Department.
• Attending trainings and office visits arranged by V.Ships where possible
“Interview and contract dates may move depending on changes made to the operational return to service plan from the client.”
V. Group is the leading global maritime agency with a pool of 44,000 active seafarers and approximately 3,000 shore colleagues. We represent in excess of 300 global client businesses who have engaged our management services for around 1,000 vessels.
At V. Group, our ambition is straightforward - to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine crew supply/management services.
Our values comprise of ‘five C’s’: we Care, we Collaborate, we Challenge, we are Consistent, and we Commit and Deliver, these values are central to our business and remain embedded in to our service output.
We aim to be an industry leader, challenging the parameters of best practice and shaping the future of Marine Operations.
As a strictly compliant global leader in marine services, V. Group will not request any fees or compensation for our services from seafarers. Please be aware of any illegal recruitment services and crewing representatives attempting to act on our behalf.