Performance / Operational Team Leader – Airport Security
Part Time Only (*21hrs per week, permanent)
Here at Manchester Airport, we have announced a £1billion, 10 year investment programme that will transform the terminals and passenger experience, making this a truly exciting time to join us.
We are looking for motivated leaders who can drive operational performance whilst getting the very best from their teams.
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and relish the opportunity to make valued contributions to an evolving and growing team?
Within our newly established Team Leader role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Lead the effectiveness and performances of Aviation Security Officers and Security Ambassador, driving team performance to exceed customer expectations and teams SLAs.
- Managing daily resource plans, updating and reviewing staff allocation according to changing business needs.
- Ensuring team compliance with aviation security legislation at all times.
- Monitoring, testing and reporting operational equipment to ensure performance efficiencies and compliance are maintained.
- Acting as the Security Leader representative for your team, placing customers at ease dealing with any first line challenges.
- Escalating challenges where appropriate, ensuring minimum disruption and maximising the customer experience.
- Provide tactical team feedback to allow improvements and maximise security lane performance and customer service.
- Support and coach new starters, ensuring new team members feel supported, welcomed and led.
- Monitor compliance and behaviours, ensuring colleague performance standards are maintained through clear communication and regular compliance updates.
- Provide compliance, performance and productivity feedback to Security Team Manager in order to consistently achieve targets.
Setting the right example in the way duties are performed, the Security Performance Leader will:
- Implement, monitor and ensure compliance within set procedures.
- Demonstrate leadership skills, inspiring others to contribute their best.
- Have a proven track record in delivering great customer service.
- Be able to give clear, constructive feedback, develop two way communications and deliver difficult messages in a sensitive and tactful manner.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven individual looking to join a committed, fast paced, growing and high performing team in a regulated and challenging environment.
Are you what we are looking for?
Are you looking for a new part time role that offers career progression in a leadership capacity?
Full in-house training is provided and you will gain Levels 1 & 2 in Aviation Security (no previous security experience is required).
In order to join the team
- You will have perfect colour vision – determined by pre-employment checks.
- Have lived in the UK for at least the past 3 years.
How to apply
Please apply with a recent CV and covering letter. Please note - you are required to provide demonstrable evidence/examples of how you meet the above criteria within your application.
*If you do not provide a cover letter, you will not be included within the application process.
Part Time: £13,794 inclusive of 17.5% shift allowance based on 21hrs per week
*These are part time or ‘flex’ roles over a 7-day week and based on rosters with shift allowance, overtime is also available where operationally required.
Application closing date is Friday 12th May 2017