Knowles Electronics is the leading global supplier of high performance, subminiature microphones and speakers serving a variety of applications and markets. Our unique expertise in acoustic technology has enabled us to maintain a leading position in the hearing aid transducer marketplace. More recently, our advanced acoustic technology has expanded into the consumer electronics (mobile phones, laptops, headsets, MP3 players, gaming devices) markets. Knowles Acoustics introduced the world’s first surface mount microphone (SiSonic) and is the #1 provider of surface-mount, MEMS microphones to the mobile handset marketplace. Recently, Knowles Acoustics shipped its 4 billionth microphone and Knowles acquired Sound Solutions, a global leader in receivers and speakers for the mobile handset market. As part of our ongoing innovation, Knowles is leveraging its leading component technologies into Audio Solutions. The company has operations in North America, Europe and Asia, with primary manufacturing facilities in China and Malaysia.
We are seeking a senior level technician to support Sisonic Microphones and development of audio systems. This individual would work on a small focused team to develop rapid prototypes, support testing and validation of product concepts, and troubleshoot at a circuit level.
• Write automated test scripts in Labview
• Perform board level systems integration, troubleshooting, and tests
• Responsible for layout and board design
• Responsible for building and assembling prototypes
• Procurement of components, test equipment, and Lab supplies
• Perform basic circuit simulation using PSPICE
• Perform electo-acoustic and RF testing
• Write up test reports and summaries
• Minimum Associate degree in Engineering technology or similar
• Minimum of 8 years experience.
• Experience with Labview
• Experience with PSPICE and layout tools
• Ability to troubleshoot and analyze circuit diagrams.
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
• Focused attention to detail and timely follow up ability.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently and within a team.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment to meet deadlines
• Past work experience in acoustics is preferred.