Knowles Electronics is the leading global supplier of high performance, subminiature microphones and speakers serving a variety of applications and markets. Our unique expertise in acoustic technology has enabled us to maintain a leading position in the hearing aid transducer marketplace. More recently, our advanced acoustic technology has expanded into the consumer electronics (mobile phones, laptops, headsets, MP3 players, gaming devices) markets. Knowles Acoustics introduced the world’s first surface mount microphone (SiSonic) and is the #1 provider of surface-mount, MEMS microphones to the mobile handset marketplace. Recently, Knowles Acoustics shipped its 3 billionth microphone and Knowles acquired Sound Solutions, a global leader in receivers and speakers for the mobile handset market. The company has operations in North America, Europe and Asia, with primary manufacturing facilities in China and Malaysia. Knowles is a member of the Dover Corporation, a diversified industrial manufacturer with $8 billion in annualized revenues from stand alone operating companies.
• Provide face-to-face acoustic transducer engineering support to Bay Area high tech customers.
• Interface with Knowles global teams (R&D, Application Engineering, Manufacturing, Program Management) to facilitate fast and accurate response to customers.
• Collaborate with customers on new product designs and solidifying transducer concepts.
• Coordinate and support local electroacoustic transducer testing activities including formulation of new tests as required.
• Host tech reviews and organize weekly engineering meetings with appropriate engineering teams.
• Define new products required to shape Knowles future roadmaps.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Min 5 yrs experience in acoustic transducer design.
• BS or MS Electrical Engineering or Physics.
• Hands-on engineer with experience in acoustic testing.
• Solid understanding of circuit design: Analog, Digital, RF
Knowles is an equal opportunity employer.